• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Off to Races

Off to Races

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Sometimes the 1) Content Sidebar draws the Footer Column content and the 2) Footer Columns 2a) lose their icons and 2b) their width formatting. This happens occasionally and on some of the browsers (I haven't discerned a time or browser pattern).

<!-- CORRECT -->
<!-- Content Sidebar | Section Template -->
<section id="sb_content" class="copy clone_1 section-sb_content"><div class="copy-pad"><ul id="list_sb_content" class="sidebar_widgets fix"><li id="gce_widget-3" class="widget_gce_widget widget fix"><div class="widget-pad"><div class="gce-widget-grid" id="gce_widget-3-container"><script type=

<!-- WRONG -->
<!-- Content Sidebar | Section Template -->
<section id="sb_content" class="copy clone_1 section-sb_content"><div class="copy-pad"><ul id="list_sb_content" class="sidebar_widgets fix"><li id="text-5" class="widget_text widget fix"><div class="widget-pad">            <div class="textwidget">Copyright © 2014.

Pagelines 1.4.5

I just updated to WordPress 3.8.1. Haven't yet seen it happen again but expect to.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Are you using the custom sidebar plugins? If so check your different templates to make sure in the sidebar section you have the same sidebar selected in the dropdown. As some pages could be set to use a different sidebar menu in the options via the DMS control panel.

If you do notice it happening again, please try and take a screenshot of the page settings for that area in the DMS control panel so we can see what's happening on the page compared to what's set in the editor for you.

#3 Off to Races

Off to Races

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Was still happening after the WordPress update. What's odd is that on occasion when I open a browser, the page displays wrong. Minutes later on the same browser, the page has corrected itself. Yes, the correct sidebar was selected in the dropdown. I've decided just to delete the content of the Content Sidebar and not use it.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Very strange, do you have a live link to the site? Do you have any caching active on the site?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Content sidebar