Photo

Pagelines, Godaddy and BuddyPress - Which is the problem!?

buddypress Godaddy pagelines HELP

Best Answer James B , 13 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

That's great news, happy to help :-)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 22 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hello Pagelines,

I love your service but really wan to get some Social intergration involved in my site. Just wondering whether you may be able to help me out.

I have been trying to install BuddyPress, on my GoDaddy Hosted, Paglines Site. However, nothing seems to work.

Actions I have taken thus far:

I have installed the zip file [BuddyPress for Pagelines] (This didn't work)

I have deactivated all other plugins on my site [Still Nothing]

I also deleted bbPress as I thought they might be clashing that didn't help either.

I am starting to think its a problem with GoDaaddy - oh BTW I am on the Economy hosting package- but would love to hear your take on it?

Thanks for your time and best regards

Dan Haddock.

#2 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

UPDATE!

I have just gone back to check my list of plugins and it say that BuddyPress is active however I am getting this fatal error message

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function xprofile_get_field_data() in D:\Hosting\11447164\html\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-members\bp-members-functions.php on line 425"

and just to add to my last post i have chenged my permalinks to %postName% so thats not the problem.

Thanks again.

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Hi there, to use Buddypress and BBpress inside the Framework you'll need to use the PageLines Buddypress integration plugin. You'll be able to download them from this link - https://www.dropbox....ded-content.zip

The latest version of Buddypress from what I can remember was a quiet a large update, the Framework was created well before that you will probably need to roll back to the prior version of Buddypress (I think this was 1.7 or 1.8) to get it to work successfully.

#4 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

OK great thank you for that!

I will give that a try.

Just to be clear though, does this mean that I can never be able to update BuddyPress to the most recent version due to size restraints?

and also how might I get a hold of the 1.8 Version?

Hope to hear from your soon, and thanks again for all the help!

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Hi there, previous versions of Buddypress can be downloaded from http://wordpress.org...ress/changelog/

Unfortunately yes, you probably would find more and more problems with buddypress as it updates in the future. The new DMS theme is compatible with newer versions of Buddypress, so it might be an idea to consider upgrading to this at some point in the future. DMS can be downloaded from your account page for the free standard version if you want to trial it out.

#6 DanatTLFN

DanatTLFN

• Members

• 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Ok great I will look into changing to DMS. I have enjoyed pagelines and you guys have been extremely helpful.

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:33 AM   Best Answer

That's great news, happy to help :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buddypress, Godaddy, pagelines, HELP