• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mru1304

mru1304

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Parallax is working smoothly on Firefox but not on chrome . Can someone confirm this?

even my website http://www.ryannagen.co.nr and others too like pagelines showcase John Tindel http://www.johntindel.com/

Is there any solution?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Hi,

Yeah, Parallax currently has an issue with certain images, this has been resolved in an upcoming patch for DMS. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

#3 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Has this been fixed? I am having a hell of a time to get Parallaxing to work for canvas areas in any browser... Seems to be working on some sites I worked on (castleofchaos.com) but not for this new one I am trying to build (new.promontoryclub.com). What gives? 

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hi Dave,

On the sites that it is not working, do you have more than one Canvas section using the Parallax option? As another user has reported this, which I can confirm that the Parallax works when one Canvas section is used on a page/template, but if you use more than one, the effect only works on the first Canvas section and not the rest.

Is this the same for you?

#5 hrachovec

hrachovec

Advanced Member

• Members

• 44 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hello. I'm having issue with this as well. I'm trying to get some movement in the background of this 'How we work' section of my client's website:

http://brightldn.com/new/#where

I put this background in because it'd be easy to see if the parallax is working. It doesn't appear to, despite having the Area Styling settings set to parallax (see https://www.evernote...2ea06b2f2f57). 

There is a box near the top that has a parallax on it and it does seem to work, so it'd be great to get it working here too. I have to present this to a client soon and I was counting on DMS to do this. 

I'd love to hear Let me know if there's any fixes.

Thanks, Russell

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

@hrachovec - Yeah your issue has already been reported to our issue tracker. Basically, the problem that I have found is when you use more than one canvas area which utiltizes the parallax effect, the effect won't trigger except for the first canvas area. Our developers are aware of the issue.

#7 hrachovec

hrachovec

Advanced Member

• Members

• 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

OK, thanks. I'll try to work around this. 

Cheers, R

#8 hrachovec

hrachovec

Advanced Member

• Members

• 44 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

While I have you, is there any way to 'speed up' the movement of a background image in parallax so its movement is more noticeable? I have a background which *is* moving but it's so subtle, you hardly notice. 

Thanks. R

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

It has been designed to be a subtle effect, if you want to edit the effect you can but we wouldn't recommend it nor do we support it. As it would mean the editing of a core file.

#10 hrachovec

hrachovec

Advanced Member

• Members

• 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

HI Danny:

OK, thank you. 

Cheers, R