Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS Pulling wrong post into content loop when not an administrator

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I'm having an issue that may have to do with permalinks but I'm not certain. Ever since I upgraded to the new DMS version, whenever I access certain pages on my site when not logged into the site as an administrator, the correct URL shows in the address bar but the incorrect post content is shown on the page.

However, when I'm logged in as an administrator and when the DMS pagelines editor is on, I always get the correct post with the correct URL.

Below is my debug information:

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/home/content/p3nexnas03/34/2066234/html/wp-content/themes/dms

Framework URI
http://theinnovativemanager.com/wp-content/themes/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

PHP memory

Mysql version
5.5.33-log

PHP type
Cgi-fcgi

PHP User
Posix functions are disabled on this host!

OS
Linux

Licence OK
Jakenielson@gmail.com

Installed Plugins
advanced-iframe/advanced-iframe.php
aweber-web-form-widget/aweber.php
custom-sidebars/customsidebars.php
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
download-manager/download-manager.php
feedburner-plugin/fdfeedburner.php
hybridconnect/hybridconnect.php
jetpack/jetpack.php
jquery-smooth-scroll/jquery-smooth-scroll.php
leadpages/leadpages.php
outbrain/outbrain.php
pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php
social-sharing-toolkit/social_sharing_toolkit.php
tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php
ubermenu-megamenu-adapter/ubermenu-megamenu-adapter.php
ubermenu/ubermenu.php
updraftplus/updraftplus.php
wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php
youtube-embed-plus/youtube.php

19 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

To explain this better for documentation purposes, here's a summary of what happened:

My site was originally hosted on Bluehost as a normal $7/mo hosting account with a standard Wordpress install. It was reaaaally slow.

Because it was so slow, I decided to add CloudFlare which sped the site up tremendously.

On Friday after publishing a new post (my site was still on BlueHost) I realized that when people accessed that post the URL was correct but the post content was totally incorrect. However, when I was logged in as an administrator I could see the content correctly - everything was matching up. Because of this I thought it was due to the CloudFlare cache or DNS issues or permalink issues so I chased after all of these and disabled CloudFlare totally so people were then accessing my BlueHost server directly.

Problem persisted.

That's when I thought migrating the entire site to GoDaddy's new "Managed Wordpress" hosting would fix the problem. I decided to migrate the entire site, change the DNS A record to point to GoDaddy and after the migrated site went live I noticed that they had disabled several plugins upon install - specifically any that had to do with CDN's or caching (including Pagelines Pro). GoDaddy does this because they take care of all caching through proprietary methods and don't want any conflicting cache software on the server.

That's when my problem went from solvable to virtually unsolvable because now I can't access Pagelines Pro and even though it could be disabled and deleted, that still didn't change the setting within Pagelines for sections to be cached. 

After thinking about it earlier tonight (and stressing about it a LOT) I realized that I still had a perfectly good copy of the site on BlueHost and I could switch it back to them and hopefully disable section caching. I changed the A record back to Bluehost, waited about 2 hours for the DNS to propogate, logged in and sure enough that setting was set and disabling it solved the problem.

Now all I need to do to get everything back on GoDaddy is delete the files I had originally migrated over and re-migrate the fixed site from Bluehost.

Big thanks for all the support you gave me, Danny. Your quick troubleshooting was the answer I needed.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines Pro Tools and disable DMS Pro Tools section caching and see if this resolves your issue. This option is experimental and will not work on all server configurations.

Posted · Report post

For some reason DMS pro tools isn't showing up in my menu, even though the plugin is active...

Can it be accessed from the front end?

Posted · Report post

No, it can only be accessed via the Wordpress Admin Dashboard.

Posted · Report post

Would disabling pro tools plugin do it, since I can't access the menu?

Posted · Report post

Just tried deactivating it, problem persists. I notice if I adjust the categories, it helps but still causes problems with other links.

Posted · Report post

I recommend you disable all your plugins and see if the problem persists, as I am not encountering this issue, when I ran a test on my site.

Posted · Report post

Done. Problem persists. It is really frustrating!

If you go to this page: http://theinnovativemanager.com/game-theory-examples-location/ you'll see that it pulls up an article about 2 business strategies - a completely different post.

If you view source of that page (in Chrome): view-source:http://theinnovativemanager.com/game-theory-examples-location/ you'll notice that once the content loop section starts it will pull from a totally different URL to get the post.

Any ideas as to why it would do that?

Posted · Report post

Your issue is mostly likely caused by DMS Pro Tools section cache, as I can see it in your Page Source, you will need to disable this option, as your server is not configured to support it.

Posted · Report post

Okay, thanks for your help. Even after disabling the pro tools plugin I still have the problem. I've cleared the system cache and am constantly clearing my browser cache. Is there any way that DMS is still using section cache even though the pro tools plugin is disabled? Do I need to start deleting/editing files directly via FTP? 

Posted · Report post

Okay. I'll need to do something different because it won't show up even as the only active plugin. I'll share a screenshot with you when I can (I have to attend to other stuff for now) but for whatever reason my server or wordpress install is not willing to show that plugin's menu.

Posted · Report post

email me so I can see you this for myself please, in your email provide me with your admin username and password.

danny at pagelines dot com

If you can reply ASAP, as my shift is about to end.

Posted · Report post

Your Wordpress installation appears to be customized slightly as it has Flush Cache and GoDaddy! settings in the WP adminbar. Its likely your setup is causing the issue which looks rather strange. I recommend you contact your host and ask them why the DMS Pro Tools option isn't available when the plugin is active.

Posted · Report post

What about changing the setting in PHPMyadmin? I have full access to that...

Posted · Report post

I need to be able to change the setting directly through FTP or PHPMyAdmin (if it's using a db there). GoDaddy doesn't know what to do...

Posted · Report post

Or what if I deactivated my "Pro Account" from the front-end?

Posted · Report post

Okay, I finally got it. Since the GoDaddy install had been a migration from a version on BlueHost what I did was pointed the domain back to BlueHost (which was a standard Wordpress install that allowed me to access the Pro plugin), disabled the section caching and viola - it's fixed. 

Now my plan is to migrate the site back to GoDaddy but without any caching plugins or the Pro plugin enabled.

Thanks so much for your help, I really was stressed over this one! Consider it resolved!

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to be of assistance and hear the issue has been resolved.