Photo
- - - - -

A few questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:28 AM

Hello, I purchased Platform Pro yesterday and have only been using Wordpress for a few days, so obviously, I am not very familiar with these softwares. Im sure my questions have been answered many times, but I couldn't find the answer. 1) On my site, if I click on any link (title of blog, or from recent comments, or a tab on the site etc...), it goes to a Page Not Found. Do you know how to fix this? How can I make the links active? 2) Also, I was interested in adding a "Google Friend Connect" (to see how many people following the blog) as well as a Text box and a few other things. I found them in the Plugins, which I activated. However, once I drag them to the Primary or Secondary Sidebars, these widgets don't seem to work. Nothing shows up. Has anyone ran into widgets not working on the actual site? 3) I paid for Platform Pro ($95), am I able to access iBlogPro, EcoPro, StationPro, WhiteHousePro etc? And is there a page that explains the differences of each one? 4) Finally, and most importantly, I am not seeing the simplicity that you guys discussed in your video regarding the Drag and Drop design? I haven't dragged and dropped anything except the Widgets. What am I missing? Thank you for all your help, and Im sorry I posted 4 questions! Daniel

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

1) On my site, if I click on any link (title of blog, or from recent comments, or a tab on the site etc...), it goes to a Page Not Found. Do you know how to fix this? How can I make the links active?

Sounds like an htaccess problem. Did you change the permalinks? If so you may need update the htaccess or change permissions on it so WP can do it auto. Your hosting provider may be able to help with this.

2) Also, I was interested in adding a "Google Friend Connect" (to see how many people following the blog) as well as a Text box and a few other things. I found them in the Plugins, which I activated. However, once I drag them to the Primary or Secondary Sidebars, these widgets don't seem to work. Nothing shows up. Has anyone ran into widgets not working on the actual site?

The widgets should work fine. Which sidebar did you drag them into? and does it correspond to the layout you are using?

3) I paid for Platform Pro ($95), am I able to access iBlogPro, EcoPro, StationPro, WhiteHousePro etc? And is there a page that explains the differences of each one?

No you don't have access to those. They are separate themes.

4) Finally, and most importantly, I am not seeing the simplicity that you guys discussed in your video regarding the Drag and Drop design? I haven't dragged and dropped anything except the Widgets. What am I missing?

The two main sections in the Platform > Settings panel that have drag and drop is the "template setup" and the "layout editor"

Also, the

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

are still improving, but you should look there for a few instructions on getting started.

#3 ledan09

ledan09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

Thank you for your help. For #2, there's only room to type in "Google Friend Connect Site-ID :" which I included, but it still leaves the widget not working. The widget name is "Google Friends Connect Widget". Any idea why it shows up on my sidebar with this message: "We're sorry....We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later."? Thank you, Daniel

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

I get the same result, you may want to try another version or contact the plugin author since I don't know how it works.

#5 tubeshoot

tubeshoot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:40 PM

how did you fix #1...I'm having the same problem

#6 ericmyers

ericmyers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Theo, It sounds like a .htaccess problem. I would recommend to contact your hosting provider and ask them to help you fix this. If they are not able to help you, come back here and we'll get you going.