Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Getting rid of "PageLines-" on Images' Names

Question

Posted · Report post

Pagelines upload adds the word "PageLines-" to the begining of  images' names. How can I stop this process and keep the images name as they are?

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you do not want to the pagelines- prefix on your images then do not use the image uploader. The prefix is there to inform users that those images have be uploaded via a DMS section and are most likely in use. The prefix is there to assist users, so they're aware of which images may be used in a section.

So if you do not want to the prefix, not sure why as it isn't visible in your source code, do not use the DMS native uploader for your images, use the Wordpress one instead.

Posted · Report post

You can just upload through the media library and that will stop that happening.  However, I asked a similar question and the DMS staff indicated that Pagelines is added before the photo so if you move the site it doesn't break all the addresses.  I personally don't care for it either but you have to weigh your options.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I know I can use the media library. What I want is to get rid of "Pagelines" in the names even when I upload it from within Pagelines. 
By the way the answer you received from them doesn't make any sense. Whoever gave you that answer does not know what he is talking about.

Posted · Report post

This is a ridiculous advertising for Pageline. It is very annoying when one looks at the list of the images in the media library to see a long list of "pagelines-" instead of the names of the files. It has no usage except an ugly way of advertising for PageLines.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How is it advertising? Is your media library viewable by guests? No. Like Danny said they are prefixed so you know which ones are in use by DMS, otherwise we would get people randomly deleting images from the library and then blaming us because their logo has disappeared.

The prefix is ONLY used in the media library for your benefit. The actual file names are NOT affected.

Posted · Report post

It could be an option instead of forcing people to see the name on the media list.

Any way, I guess there is no way to fix this issue.

Posted · Report post

Depends what the issue really is? Are you upset by seeing the word PageLines in the list of images in wp-admin? Or are your users complaining?

Posted · Report post

Both.