#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 405 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

I don't know if anyone can help but it's worth a shot.

I had to upgrade from my new VPS to a dedicated server last night. I’m writing because in the transition the Hide this Part plugin and is used here: http://susanhowlett.com/services/ seems to have died. I’ve tried turning it off and back on. I was going to post on the WP forum but it says it hasn’t been updated in more than 2 years. What I’ve figured out is that the WooCommerce update I did broke the hide plug-in. Because I also have both on their other site here http://wordandraby.com/authors/ and it still works, but I haven’t updated WC yet there.

SO...wondering if there's a way to make this work? Or if not, is there a DMS shortcode that would do this? Or a different plug-in. I know about the DMS accordion shortcode but that only lets me have a title and then the reveal. This, if you look, has title and some content then the reveal for MORE. Need to know how to do that w/o this obsolete plug-in.

Your help greatly appreciated.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

You will need to contact the author of the plugin, this is a third party extension and we do not provide support for third party products. Also, I wouldn't continue to use a plugin that hasn't been updated since 2010, thats far too long to still have confidence in a plugin, you may be placing  your site under security issues by using it.

A quick search and I found this (untested) - https://wordpress.or...cess-shortcode/

You could also use a Membership plugin too as most of these have teaser content show/hide functionality included.

#3 asialove

asialove

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi,  I want to know why you need "Hide-this-part" plugin?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Its likely teaser content, which for me personally I find irritating, but it is used to engage users to sign up to your site so they can read the full article.

#5 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 405 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Guys. I thought in this section called "Off Topic" it was OK to post anything, not just looking for official PL support. And I was asking about if PL offers a comparable solution.

At any rate, I'm well aware that using obsolete plug-ins is an issue. Until now I hadn't realized how obsolete this one was. I've already replaced it with ShortCodes Ultimate's spoiler. The client wants this option so the page is short and if folks want more than the teaser info it's readily available. I don't use this often but when a client wants it, the customer is usually right. And used in moderation it's not horrible.

I'm happy to report that ShortCodes Ultimate now works with DMS. I don't know if it's their own updates our ours. The two did not work together when I started with DMS in June. YAY.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15848 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

I apologise, I didn't see it being posted in the General forum, I thought we had it set so that topics posted in this forum, didn't show in our que.