Photo
- - - - -

Concluding a project...What do you do when your done developing?

Finishing completed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anikonpro

anikonpro

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationOBX,Raleigh,NC
  • Framework Version:Pro

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hello, I am sorry to possibly be asking a stupid question but I have a projected edited and am ready to export/ publish.  I am assuming that we would export the created site or am I wrong?  I was told that we could sell the themes we workup and create.  I just completed looking in the documentation and docs and didn't see anything that addressed what you do when done....

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2162 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hi @anikonpro

If you made the site on your local PC/laptop, you can see this

http://www.pagelines...t-tips-for-dms/

#3 anikonpro

anikonpro

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationOBX,Raleigh,NC

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

No I am not locally hosting.  I'm not sure how we got this answer.  I have all my wp hosted on go daddy.  I installed wp and then dms into a subfolder just to product sites.  So Did I do something wrong?  I just want to save and export the theme so that I can install it elsewhere.  This instructions seemed like I was going to locally host it and no I am not doing it on my local hard drive.  

The instructions seemed to address a different issue....  

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

No the instructions Batman linked you, are how you should be developing websites, most developers these days either use Git and a git host such as GitHub or developer their products locally, as its faster.

If you have a created a theme and by that you mean child theme, you can use the export options, in the DMS Toolbar under Settings. From here you will export a your theme, you can then import them using the same option to any site using DMS.

If you want to sell your products on our store, contact our helpdesk and they will be able to provide you with the correct information.

hello at pagelines dot com

#5 anikonpro

anikonpro

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationOBX,Raleigh,NC

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Ok.  I saw it export as a format.  So I will install DMS to another site but What do you do then?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I mentioned above, once you have exported your theme settings and installed DMS to your new site/domain. Import your settings using the Import/Export option in DMS.

#7 anikonpro

anikonpro

• Members

• 19 posts
  • LocationOBX,Raleigh,NC

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Ok.  I figured it out.  Log out and then go to the site address....  When you want to edit again log back into the admin panel. What happens if I am no longer a pagelines member?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16952 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Your site will still be operational and your layout/styling etc.. will remain intact. However, if you cancel your subscription, you will loose some options such as cloning sections, using offsets etc...