Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS Navbar Turn off Responsive

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I'm guessing I have a Theme conflict or script issue (possible due to UberMenu), but either way the Navbar responsive button is triggering and then switching straight back to display none from block so there is a flash and it dissappears. This is not an issue coming from my own theme styling as I've tested by removing all that and the issue persists. As such is there anyway to remove the responsive nature of the nav menu?

Thanks

Glennyboy

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi

Not sure why Pagelines can't just show this, rather than directing to .less file, but this is how I achieved my request to remove the responsive menu altogether:-

@media (max-width: @resPortraitTablet) {#site .navbar .nav-collapse {
height: auto !important;
overflow: visible !important;
}
#site .navbar .nav-btn-navbar {
display: none!important;
}
}

Doesn't explain the toggle issue I also had though.

Posted · Report post

We do not provide customization support of this nature that is why we do not provide the code, our custom CSS support isn't extensive.

In regards to your toggle button, not sure what you mean do you have an example?

Posted · Report post

"the Navbar responsive button is triggering and then switching straight back to display none from block"

Posted · Report post

Its likely caused by your custom code, you will want to review it, from a quick look, you're using both the PageLines override ID #site and !important declaration, this is most likely the cause. The purpose of the override ID #site or #page is so that you do not need to use !important.

Posted · Report post

Hi

Just to confirm that this issue was before I added the code above. Actually as per my original post the reason I don';t want the nav to work responsively is that it wasn't working on click.

I have a bit of custom Javascript which I will check, but I don't think it would be that as it runs in no conflict mode.

Regards

Glennyboy

Posted · Report post

I have no issue on my vanilla install of DMS with the Navbar, when the responsive Nav kicks in, the button works just fine, no issues.