Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iphone menu unresponsive

Question

Posted · Report post

The iphone menu on this site http://buryfields.co.uk/ appears but doesn't respond to anything.  Menu appears full size on ipad and is fine. Anything to suggest about this?

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I changed the countdown plugin to an HTML 5 version which is now no longer interfering with the mobile menu. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

From what I can see in the script debugger it looks like there is a conflict with something called player.js. Any kind of jquery error could stop the drop down for the mobile menu working. Are you just embedding the veimo vids or are they in place through a plugin? Also the there's a js error on the facebook widget saying 'Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id'

Posted · Report post

The vimeos are just embedded I'm not using a plugin. And the Facebook app is fine (I just verified the ID again in the FB dev centre) - it's always displayed correctly.  Not sure what would throw up this error if there isn't one?

The revolution slider is being used, does it make sense to suppress that for mobile view?

Posted · Report post

You have something causing a JS error, I recommend you disable all active plugins and remove any custom scripts and see if this resolves your issue. 

Posted · Report post

It was the countdown clock causing this - isn't there a way of excluding this from the mobile view? 

BTW, what is generating this mobile menu? I only have one menu but the mobile menu isn't one that I have setup  in the WP admin. It was an older menu when the site was first setup but has since been deleted. 

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

The navbar menu you select via the navbar tab in the global options settings. The mobile menu is selected in the layout and nav tab in the global options settings.

You can hide the time on the mobile layout using css to display:none, but I think the script will still load though. Worth a try though. Otherwise you could use a plugin, somethink like http://heatmaptheme.com/deactivate-wordpress-plugins/ which claims to deactivate plugins depending on whether a mobile browser is detected, I've not used anything like that before though so I'm not sure if it would work 100%.

Posted · Report post

Awesome, thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.