Full Width Nav

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have the most current version of WP and PageLines lite.

URL to the site is www.familylegacydental.com

I have searched these forms for hours and haven't had any luck. I would like the navigation/menu bar to go full width of the browser, not just the width of the content space. I also want it to follow the top of the page as you scroll down on any given page. You guys have a perfect example of what I want here: http://www.pagelines.com/pricing/

From what I gather, it might be easier to get the DMS theme and work it out through there. I tried that but I get a blank page when I got to live preview the DMS theme. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jaydendb

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Please be aware that we do not provide extensive CSS support and something like this is considered extensive.

#site .section-navbar .content {
width: 100%;
max-width: 100%;
}

#site .section-navbar .content-pad {
padding: 0;
}

#site .navbar.pl-color-black-trans {
border-radius: 0;
}

In future, you will need to use Chromes dev tools or similar browser extension and inspect the elements yourself to make the alterations.

Posted · Report post

That is fixed navigation used on the Pricing page - you can use this on Framework too. 

Set you fixed nav in the Site options > nav 

You can see the ins and outs of this here in the support docs for Framework http://support.pagelines.me/docs/site-options/navbar/

Posted · Report post

I am still having troubles. I have followed the directions you gave and also the directions on the support page but the nav still isn't working properly. I have it set the fixed nav in Site Options > nav but still no use. Have you got any ideas? I just can't figure out how to make it go the full width of the browser and how to make it actually behave like a fixed nav. 

Could it be a plugin that is keeping it from working correctly?

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Have you managed to resolve this since posting, the site referenced in your profile is showing the fixed nav at full width. http://screencast.com/t/PCWdvGIXU5Q9

Posted · Report post

Sorry for the confusion, the site referenced in my profile is my own personal site. The nav that I am having problems with is on the site that I mentioned in the first post in this thread:

www.familylegacydental.com

Posted · Report post

Thank you very much! I got DMS for my personal site and I absolutely love it, so I think I will just get DMS for familylegacydental.com as well.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for updating the thread, we're glad you're enjoying DMS.