Disappearing Text, Links, Etc. - Possible Caching Problem?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello Pagelines Community,

I am struggling with a problem that a client is having with their site that was just built using DMS. The site is using DMS v1.1.6 and Wordpress 3.8.1 and the problem seems to be that when the cache is cleared and the client refreshes the page, text, links, etc. seem to disappear. 

I will attach 3 screenshots that help illustrate the problem and sequence of events. The first Screenshot is the correct view (aka how the page is actually supposed to look). The second screenshot is what happens when you first load the page (Expense Report link disappears but reappear when the user refreshes the page), and the third is when happens if you clear the cache and load the page (all links, headings, and text in the header and main page area are gone).

If anyone had any idea what might be going on here please let me know. I greatly appreciate the help and really need a starting point to figure out what might be happening here.

Thank you!

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

There's a couple of people who seem to be having this issue, is it just in chrome? I think from what I've seen online its related to fitvids.js so will report to the dev team and get them to look into.

Other post - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33111-invisible-text-content-missing/

Update: have logged this on the bug tracker - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/675

Posted · Report post

Please let us know which version of chrome you're using.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the link James B! It looks like here was the solution for the other designer:

"Just downloaded the latest fitvids from https://github.com/d...5000/FitVids.js

and replaced the script.fitvids.js inside dms/js folder and it is working."

I went to the GitHub repository and I am not sure exactly what I should do to fix this. Am I supposed to download the jquery.fitvids.js and put that in the dms/js folder? I don't see the script.fitvids.js that he was referring to so I am hesitant to modify anything just yet. Do you have any advice on what I should do in the meantime to the site doesn't have these problems?

Thanks James!

Posted · Report post

Also, I am checking to confirm the browser versions so I will get that information to you as soon as possible!

Posted · Report post

Hi James B, it looks like Chrome V 33.0.1750.117 m and IE 10 are both giving us problems. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Please try latest DMS (1.1.7) it has the latest fitvids.