Photo
Flatten

Flatten child theme - developer contact? (RevSlider related)

DMS flatten

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC
  • Framework Version:DMS 2.x

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Hey - so I'm running in to difficulties getting in to contact with the developer of the popular 'Flatten' DMS child theme, a guy called Enrique Chavez. By all accounts the guy seems very professional, solid and dedicated to his work but I've emailed a few times over the past month and just cannot get an answer.

My issue relates to his Flatten version of the RevSlider, assume you guys can't help me out right? It's doing my head in, the RevSlider only displays when I'm logged in to Wp, if I'm logged out and viewing as a guest I only see the rest of the page and not the slider??!!

See this page for example, just under the logo at the top should be a 4 slide RevSlider (Flatten version) but there's nothing :*(

http://www.dynasty-w...ional.com/white

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance!!

Barney

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

@tmeister, see the users question above.

I have @mentioned the developer, who will be notified about your issue.

#3 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Cheers Danny, much appreciated :)

#4 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 31 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Framework Version:1.4.1

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

It may be that you have not hit the PUBLISH button

#5 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

Quick update - everything is indeed published from my end at least, not sure if there's a plugin incompatibility or a code issue but it's essentially halted my progress with the client's site. Enrique did get in touch with his contact details on the 3rd but it's now the 9th and I've still not heard back, so I've reverted back to DMS and ditched the Flatten theme for now. Pretty slow support response from Enrique tbh but then I guess he's busy.

Will update as and when.

#6 vabrown89

vabrown89

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

I have just installed Flatten and having the same problem even before I've made any changes to the demo content. Not great after I just paid $65. Any update on this Barney?

#7 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hey Victoria, sorry to say I never fixed the issue and then when DMS 2.x got released it really fu*ked up Flatten even more so I just gave up and started working with an un-themed DMS, which actually has been pretty good for learning the ropes. I'd love to re-activate Flatten (especially on DMS 2.x) just kept creating layout glitches that I couldn't fix without developer support and that just wasn't there. Enrique emailed me once after PL pushed him to contact me (see thread above) and I sent him a list of issues and that was it, never heard from the guy again :(

If you can get in contact with the guy then please please ask him to create a forum thread on here so we can talk to him 'on the record', email just doesn't seem to work!

My advice? Unless you can get direct support with the dev (which, tbh, should be a standard requirement lol) then ditch the theme right away and start on another... appreciate it's not what you want to hear but it'll save you time in the long run.

#8 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

On another note it looks like the dev uses Twitter as a key form of comms, if you check out his flatten webpage (http://enriquechavez...oducts/flatten/) you can see his latest tweets right at the bottom of the page, and luckily one of them suggests he was about to release an updated Flatten install for DMS 2.0 towards the end of March 2014. If you have a twitter account then get in touch and see what's going on!

Unfortunately I currently work out in China where Twitter is blocked lol so if it's okay with you I'll friend you on here If you get any updated info can you do me a massive favor and PM me?

#9 vabrown89

vabrown89

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

Thanks Barney - from the research I've now done since buying the theme (sigh Rookie error) doesn't seem like Flatten is worth the hassle. I've been struggling with DMS in general so thinking I might try out a different WP theme altogether... what a waste of money. I'll let you know if I find out anything more for sure!

#10 tmeister

tmeister

• Members

• 168 posts
  • LocationValle de Bravo, México

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

A new version is live 2.1, this fix the issue, please update and let me know.

Best,

• bjs198 likes this

#11 vabrown89

vabrown89

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:26 AM

Hi Enrique

Thank you for your response. I have updated the theme and the slider now seems to work however I am still experiencing the following problems:

- after uploading the demo content, all pages other than 'home' are visible when logged in only - when logged out they appear blank.

- the top menu is not visible at all while logged in and when logged out shows only home / blog / about (same on mobile)

- none of the sliders work on mobile

- the about page works on desktop but is blank on mobile 

Please could you take a look and try to help clear this up for me. This is ridiculous, it's even worse than it was before.

My site is at http://vicbrowndesign.com/

#12 vabrown89

vabrown89

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

Update: Okay I've made some progress... managed to get the menu back and most of the pages visible (go me) although god knows what else I've messed up in the process... Blog and Services page still blank. I think this was a fail during the upload of the demo content but I'm kind of afraid to wipe it all and start again now since every time I do that it seems to cause more problems. The logo (the default one) is now hidden by the DMS nav bar. The sliders still don't work on mobile - is this intentional? 

#13 vabrown89

vabrown89

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:05 AM

Ok I've wiped everything. Will try again later. I think the services page in the demo content is a definite issue.. the rest could just be me doing something wrong.

• bjs198 likes this

#14 jacmes11

jacmes11

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

I've been having trouble just getting Flatten 2.1 to work. Every time I have tried to upload the zip file to Wordpress, when I go to activate it, it just shows errors and I never get to even start using the theme. This is very frustrating because I have a design for a client that need to get done ASAP. I hope @tmeister can help me fix the problem soon.

#15 bjs198

bjs198

Advanced Member

• Members

• 78 posts
  • LocationTianjin, PRC

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Good to see you're sticking with DMS and now getting somewhere :) It's quite a learning curve but the results speak for themselves! I'll d/l a copy of 2.1 this afternoon and give it a whirl...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatten, DMS, flatten