DMS Business - Backgrounds & content in header and footer keep getting removed

Question

Posted · Report post

Not much else to say really, using latest WP & DMS & Flatten child theme, and it doesn't happen all the time either, just sometimes (but more often than not) when I'm playing about with other sections. I publish and then reload the page and somethings either missing or has reverted to it's stock state, such as iBoxes. I spent a while formatting a set in a footer, published and reloaded and none of the changes had been saved.

Currently working on two sites and it's happening on both...

www.istianjin.com

www.dynasty-wines-international.com

Cheers :)

Barney

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Barney,

Can you disable all active plugins and see if this the issue appears again. As a small number of users have reported the same problem, yet none of them have been able to provide exact steps so our staff can recreate the issue.

Also please enable DMS Debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Posted · Report post

Will do, I'll keep working and try to isolate it somehow. I have a feeling it's when I move a preexisting section, delete the contents and then add in a new column, for example, before finally saving. Could I be stacking up too many changes in-between saves maybe?

Cheers

Posted · Report post

I have built a full page with about 20+ sections on that one template and when I clicked save (first time of doing so) I never encountered any issue. The template saved as expected and everything remained where it was and how it was configured.

The issue is very irritating, as I mentioned other users have encountered this, but none of us have been able to replicate it on our end.

Posted · Report post

I mean it's not a deal breaker, I just reset the background and saved, but I'd be concerned about putting to much time and effort in to the H&F just in case now. FWIW I haven't noticed the issue happening on any main content section, just the H&F...

Posted · Report post

No its a deal breaker to us, especially when more than one user has reported a similar issue. It means that something be it a plugin, your host or even a custom script is effecting your workflow.