Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pagination not working on WP multisite

Pagination multisite

Best Answer Danny , 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Your posts are being displayed via a widget - http://cl.ly/image/0n430X3X231E

You're not using the PostLoop section, but something called nlposts which is inside the Widgetizer section. I even viewed your page source, there is no element in your page source called section-postloop.

We can not provide support to third party extensions, which you're using on your home page to display your posts.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeterStephens

PeterStephens

• Members

• 16 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'd like to have pagination on my class's multisite blog. I've dragged the post/page pagination section to the bottom of the main page, clicked publish, navigated to another page, and then returned to the blog's main page. It still says, "This template returned blank and visitors will not see it." (I've dragged it to different parts of the page to see if the result changes, and it doesn't.)

My class's blog is youread.us.

Thanks!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hi,

As far as I can tell this is due to the fact that your posts are being displayed via a widget and are not using the loop section. We do not provide support for third party extensions, which is what you're using to display your posts. I recommend you set up your blog page using the Wordpress options, display a max of 5 posts using the PostLoop section and then the pagination section, then it should work.

The Pagination section was never intended to work with widgets.

#3 PeterStephens

PeterStephens

• Members

• 16 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hi, Danny, thanks so much. I don't have any widgets or plugins that display, or could display, the students' posts. Is it possible that the post/page pagination doesn't work on the home page of a WP multisite install?

I've attached a screenshot of youread.us's Reading settings in case that might help.

Thanks again.

Attached Files

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:22 AM   Best Answer

Your posts are being displayed via a widget - http://cl.ly/image/0n430X3X231E

You're not using the PostLoop section, but something called nlposts which is inside the Widgetizer section. I even viewed your page source, there is no element in your page source called section-postloop.

We can not provide support to third party extensions, which you're using on your home page to display your posts.

#5 colbystream

colbystream

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to pop in real quick, even though I'm not the OP, and put in my two cents that this solved my problem exactly as I had hoped (mainly, I didn't realize I needed to add the pagination section). Thanks Danny!

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

@colbystream - No problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pagination, multisite