3 replies to this topic

#1 dwegowy

dwegowy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

I have a handle on how to use a child theme with the PageLines framework, and I have been upgrading Frameworks from 1.4.5 to 2.4.4. Most of the time, this goes without a hitch. But in one case, I can't get the child theme to function properly; instead, all styles appear to be broken. Reverting Frameworks restores the whole site properly.

Here's how I have been doing this, and as I said this has worked flawlessly on most hosts:

1. Upload 2.4.4 beside 1.4.5 theme folder
  2. Rename 1.4.5 folder (e.g. pagelines1)
  3. Rename 2.4.4 folder (to pagelines)

I don't use any special caching plugins on this particular site. The flawless upgrade of most other sites (on BlueHost, true to form) makes me suspect something with this other host (Hosting Matters, not my choice) but I'm not sure where to start investigating that.

I have 'updated' my child theme to include the setup.php, functions.php files as recommended, to load Framework core. I don't get an 'unable to load…' error on the admin side.

Any tips, advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. My immense thanks and kudos to the PageLines team for this amazing WP theming system. I've tried DMS but I'm accustomed to Frameworks and can accomplish a lot with it.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hi there,

First trying disabling all third party plugins to see if anythings conflicting with the compiled css. Go to settings > permalinks and reset your permalink setup and save to flush. Refresh the page and see if the css loads.

Are you able to get the css to load if you just leave it on Framework 2.4.4 and not activate the child theme?

If you look at the source code for the page, can you see the compiled css showing?

Can we have a link to the site.

#3 dwegowy

dwegowy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for the tips. This happens to be on a site that isn't a huge priority so I only work on it once in a while. I'll get back to this eventually, though.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

OK, keep us posted.