Photo
- - - - -

Woocommerce product page too big & Sidebars not working

woocommerce sidebars large page

Best Answer James B , 26 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

Hi there, the product page information is pulled in via the postloop section.

So to create a sidebar layout, you'll need to use the two column section, place the postloop in the left column and then in the right column place the primary sidebar section. http://screencast.com/t/vBhSv11Hszx

Then you can add your widgets into the sidebar via appearance > widgets.

You can use the column editing options at the top of each column to adjust the width of each column to suit.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Esma

Esma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

Hi, I am trying to switch my shopping cart to Woocommerce, but the product page is showing up huge. I would like to either resize it or add a sidebar. I tried adding Woosidebar, but no sidebars are showing up on the product pages. Here is a screenshot of what the page looks like - the words and the photos go all the way to the ends of the page, so I would like it to fit more in the middle, or at least have the sidebar to help shrink it down a bit. Any help is appreciated!

Screen-shot-2014-02-25-at-6.36.38-PM.png

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:02 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, the product page information is pulled in via the postloop section.

So to create a sidebar layout, you'll need to use the two column section, place the postloop in the left column and then in the right column place the primary sidebar section. http://screencast.com/t/vBhSv11Hszx

Then you can add your widgets into the sidebar via appearance > widgets.

You can use the column editing options at the top of each column to adjust the width of each column to suit.

#3 Esma

Esma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Thank you for your help, James. It took me a little while (had to update my theme), but I got it now :)

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Excellent, glad all is working now, thank you for updating the thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: woocommerce, sidebars, large page