Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White House Pro Theme

Question

Posted · Report post

I bought the White House Pro theme and I want to activate it over the free white house theme. There are a ton of plugins. Do I really need all of them for the theme to work? I am NOT a professional web designer... and I didn't see an experience necessary message :-) Please patient with me.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

No you don't need to activate them all for the theme to work- but you do to get full functionality... cforms: allows contact forms wp-pagenavi: stylized paginated posts wp-post-thumbnail: helps you add thumbs to post (adds custom fields with name 'thumb' and a url to the uploaded/cropped image) Ad-minister: a plugin for adding ads to your blog (optional if you want ads) All in one Seo: Allows you to tune your pages and posts for search engines (optional but recommended)

Posted · Report post

Also the FlickrRSS plugin if you want to add pictures from you flickr account

Posted · Report post

So when I activate White House Pro over the free white house template is supposed to look like the demo home page? When I activated the Pro theme the front page didn't look any different. Daphne

Posted · Report post

Do you have video tutorials on how to activate and manage the theme? Daphne

Posted · Report post

Figured out how to load the pro theme. The instruction guide very good for an amateur like me :-) The studio press lifestyle theme I use for another site gave me hell. I have couple of minor questions...will ask when the sun comes up. Daphne