• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fiona

fiona

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hello,

Preface: I'm a Writer with no coding experience, but I'm learning. So, please reply accordingly!

I have two questions: 

1.) When I changed from one site design to another I seem to have lost the in-between section transparency that I once had. I'm trying to set my ibox section with a transparent background, but the change doesn't seem to take. Can you tell me where to check and fix this? Please see the attached before and after graphics for a visual of my issue. I'd like to see the background image between components one again.

2.) I need to fix the height of the iboxes. Can you provide me with the custom code to do this?

Thank you very much for your help!  :)

Fiona

Attached Files

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Could we have a link to your site and we can advise further on this for you :) 

#3 fiona

fiona

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Great! 

Site: http://sykes-dev.com/

PW: helpme

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15269 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

HI,

I am not entirely sure what you mean, as the iBox section by default isn't transparent. The only way that section can be set transparent is by either custom CSS you have added or you're using a third party child theme, which has its own styling.

We do not provide support for third party themes nor do third party theme share the same styling or it is highly unlikely they do. I have viewed your website and you appear to be using the Sophistique child theme. This theme has styling for iboxes which contains a white background and grey border at the bottom, if you want to remove this you will need to use custom CSS. I have provided you with the code to achieve a transparent background:

#site .ibox { background-color: transparent; border: 0 none; }

In regards to setting a height to the iboxes, not sure what you mean. However, you will need to get this support for the themes developer.

Please be aware that if you're using a third party theme which it appears you're, you will need to post your question in the store forum under the developers own forum if he/she has one. When creating your topic in that forum, use the prefix to select your product you're having difficulty with.

I have moved your topic to the correct forum. Also, our forum policy is one question per topic, in future please do not ask multiple questions per topic.

#5 Steve Kayser

Steve Kayser

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

@Martin Davies

Hi Martin. Could you check the two image above. We're only asking 2 fairly simple questions that we hope you guys can help us answer. The scrolling parallax doesn't seem to be working for us. And is there a way to set the iBox codes to a fixed height? Thanks

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hi @steve & @fiona yeah sorry of course i will have a look - the password helpme doesn't let me into the site though. 

#7 Steve Kayser

Steve Kayser

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

@Martin Davies - Sent it

#8 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

@Martin Davies - Sent it

http://sykes-dev.com.../sykes-dev.com/

it's the single password here that fiona advised was helpme 

i deleted your wp-admin logon credentials from the post just to be sure. 

#9 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

@Martin Davies - Sent it

got your email - thanks 

#10 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Hi guys - the credentials no longer work. 

#11 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hello @fiona 

2.) I need to fix the height of the iboxes. Can you provide me with the custom code to do this?

can you clarify this for us please? The iboxes themselves are dynamic and fit to the height of the content. In what way do you want to fix the height? You can set the height of the full width section you have them in but the iboxes themselves will be smaller if the content is smaller? 

As for the PArallax issue - i will ask the Dev for the theme to take a look at this for you. 

we will update you shortly, 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sophistique, ibox height, section transparency