Mobile mobile menu links are not working in IE11 (possible lower ones as well)

Question

Posted · Report post

Here is my site: http://malmgardsjundea.fi

With Windows 7 and IE11, the links in the mobile menu are not clickable. They cannot be hovered, and if I try to click them it just toggles the menu off.

I also tried a fresh installation of DMS without using a child-theme, and I still get the same issue of not being able to click them.
It seems that on Windows Phone 8 the links work, although they are sometimes extremely hard to hit, again closing the menu. But this is probably just WP8 sucking....

How should I proceed?

Thank you!

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Fix has been pushed to github to only show the div if there is a background image, next version will include the fix.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've tried testing in browser stack to replicate (mac user here) but there's a message appearing when the mobile menu is active which seems to be blocking the links.

http://screencast.com/t/DuAFMvI23lyM

I will get someone on the moderator team who has windows access to take a look so we can advise further.

Posted · Report post

I've tried testing in browser stack to replicate (mac user here) but there's a message appearing when the mobile menu is active which seems to be blocking the links.

http://screencast.com/t/DuAFMvI23lyM

I will get someone on the moderator team who has windows access to take a look so we can advise further.

It's not the message that's blocking the links. It just a javascript popup I inserted after noticing the problem and it's for informing IE users that the navigation might not work because of their crappy browser, and they should try another one.
After you click the message off, and then try to click for example the Historia -link, it doesn't work and closes the menu. It doesn't ever hover as you can see.

Like I said before, I also got this issue with a fresh installation of DMS.

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Ah I see, ok thank you for updating. I have tried on an android phone and an iphone but as the problem only seems to be related to IE11 I've not been able to replicate. I've left a message with one of our team who has IE access to a desktop version, he hasn't been in today but as soon as we hear back from him on his results we'll be able to advise further.

Posted · Report post

Ah I see, ok thank you for updating. I have tried on an android phone and an iphone but as the problem only seems to be related to IE11 I've not been able to replicate. I've left a message with one of our team who has IE access to a desktop version, he hasn't been in today but as soon as we hear back from him on his results we'll be able to advise further.

Yes, like it says in the title "Mobile mobile menu links are not working in IE11"

I really hope we can get progress soon, as this does not seem like problem I've made myself and thus could fix with CSS. My client is of course not happy until it's fixed and I'm in a difficult position as I'm indeed getting the issue with a fresh installation also...

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

Update!

The problem is that 

<div id="supersized"></div>

is blocking the mobile links in IE11 when I toggle the menu open.

If I set #supersized to 

display:none;

Then it seems to work.

Questions:

1. What is <div id="supersized"></div>
2. when is it useful?

3 Can I just hide it?

Thank you!

Posted · Report post

ketri - The supersize div is for the supersize background. I will report this to our tracker, as I can't test it personally, as I don't have access to IE. We appreciate you providing this.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Fix has been pushed to github to only show the div if there is a background image, next version will include the fix.

Ok thanks. So I'll just make it display:none for now.