Is there an easier way to disable iBox description than targeting with CSS?

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having some issues with iBoxes and better iBoxes, I have them in several places and some I want round, some not, some have descriptions, some not. I definitely don't want lorum ipsum text to appear when I don't have a description.

What's the best way to do this? Give each of them their own class?  I have something like this, but it doesn't seem to work all of the time.

.news_iboxes .better_iboxes .better_iboxes_desc {display: none;}
.bottom_ibox_links ibox-desc {display: none;}

Also, I am not quite clear on what is meant by:   Separate with a space " "     in the styling classes section.

Does that mean I would put the two classes in with just a space between them, or am I meant to put in the inch marks as well?

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, yes you can add a class to each group of iboxes so you can manipulate them with css independently. You can add more than one class to each section, you won't need the quote marks just leave a space between each name you enter. 

If your css changes are working on some occasions but not all, then this will probably be down to the code you're applying, it might not be specific enough to target the element or there could be an error in the code about which is stopping anything below it from being read.

Posted · Report post

If something is called "entry-header" when you look at it in inspect element, and you have added a name to it in the custom styling classes, what is the protocol for css?

Should there be a dot between them? or just a space?  I can't quite figure it out and spend a lot of time trying things and am not sure how it works.

For example, shouldn't  

.text-scroll text-entry {overflow: auto;}   work?  Or am I targeting this wrong?

Posted · Report post

Can you provide a link to your site please and in each of the iBoxes you want no description, add no description too and I will write up a quick snippet of CSS to remove it. You can then expand on this CSS to use on other Boxes. In regards to Better iBoxes, I am not sure how this section works as its third party, if it is similar then you will be able to use the same CSS.