mobile version menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dloux

dloux

• Validating
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hello all, I really hope someone can help shed a little light on some issues i've been having. I'll cut to the chase. 

I have a website that it seems the mobile version of the ipad app in horsonal mode the menu is to long so it kicks it down to the next line which looks ridiculous.  i've disabled the mobile version for now and fixed the problem but would like to have the mobile versions especially on phones and what not.   

Here is my questions:

1. is is possible to edit the menu size for the tablet version of the website IE: make the text smaller to fit in the bar. 

2. Is is possible to give the tablet version the same drop down menu as the phone versions.  

3. are there any flexibility at all with adjusting the settings of a mobile version.

Thank you all!!

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hi there, is DMS the theme you're using on your site? The theme is responsive so you shouldn't be able to turn on and off the mobile view in the settings unless you're using an alternate theme. In mobile view the menu should go from the standard navbar to a button which triggers a menu that pops out of the side of the page.

Can you please confirm which theme you're using and provide a link to the site in question for us.

#3 dloux

dloux

• Validating
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hello James,
Thanks for your willingness to help. I'm using the citi theme for pagelines. I'm still really new to pagelines, I've still not found the drag and drop part of the whole system yet. I was able to find an option to turn off the mobile site in the wordpress backend pagelines section. The site is porterteam.org. As you can see the mobile site has been disabled because of the trouble it's giving me.

With the mobile version active, it did indeed switch to a button trigger but only on phones, on tablets it was a standard nav bar that did not fit in the spot made for it.
Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobile version, menu