Photo
- - - - -

Remove More Statement in Footer

footer text

Best Answer James B , 21 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hi there, we advise against editing core files as they will be wiped each time you update the site.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PageL100

PageL100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hi fellow PageLines users,

I understand that only the 'Pro' version enables the user to use custom footer text.  However,  I simply want to remove the verbiage, "the latest" and "more" highlighted in the footer.  I would rather not use the 'footer column sidebar' as I want the footer to naturally show the footer menu links instead of including each link in that widget. 

I just thought that there should be an easy way to disable the text that is showing up in the footer.  (In the header and footer settings, there is nothing showing in the box, 'More Statement in Footer.') 

Thanks so much for any guidance and direction.   

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hi there,

So what are you using at the moment in the footer? The standard content inserted by the columnizer section?

Using Css you can hide some of the titles of the widgets included in that area using 'display:none;' You'd need to find the relevant ID or class for the titles or the specific widgets you'd want to hide using a web inspector like Chrome Dev Tools. You can then copy/paste the correct css back into your css panel in the DMS control panel.

More information on the various options for css altering can been seen at http://docs.pageline...ow-to-customize

#3 PageL100

PageL100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response.  I believe that the words, "the latest" and "more" include the standard content inserted by the columnizer section.  These words are automatically added and seem part of the demo content. 

Instead of using the footer column sidebar widget, display none or the hidden function should work but perhaps you can further direct me as I can provide the source code for the footer:

The <"widget-title":>The Latest

<widget-title">More

Both show the following 2 div classes:

<div class="pp3 footcol">

<div class="footcol-pad">

Another div class is included but it seems to pertain to the copyright

<div class="findent terms">   

I'm hoping that you'll be able to tell me the exact css to use to hide this demo content.

Thanks so much for any further input.  

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hello @PageL100

We cannot design your site for you but we can help you get the right Custom CSS to use, that is, we can look at you code you have used and point you in the right direction. 

The tools to use to find the right code are you browser inspection tools or Firebug http://getfirebug.com/

Also take a look at the documentation James linked you to http://docs.pageline...ow-to-customize

Also further reading on this can be found here http://www.w3schools...ass_display.asp

#5 PageL100

PageL100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for your response and I will definitely familiarize myself with these options.  In the interim, I just figured an even quicker way to get rid of the default text in the footer, and hopefully, this will help someone else:

Go to the Cpanel, click on the following in this order: your website files, wp-content, themes, pagelines, sections, sb_footcols, section.php ....

You can then edit the verbiage.  In my case, I wanted the words, "The Latest" and "Most' to be gone so I found where they were located on the section.php page (the find tool is so useful) and deleted the words.

Again, I'm hoping this will help others save time in pursuit of the same goal: to delete the default footer text in Pagelines Lite. 

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:02 AM   Best Answer

Hi there, we advise against editing core files as they will be wiped each time you update the site.

#7 PageL100

PageL100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  In my case, the only editing that I performed was to change "The Latest" to " " and "More" to " ", in essence, blanking out the words.  I did not change any coding per se, just left a blank space between the quotes.  The words still don't appear after updates. 

I agree with your comment, in general, however.  

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi there, only on core updates will be they overwritten. For when the next edition of DMS is released and you get a message to upgrade etc. All files within the theme will be replaced with the new edition.

#9 PageL100

PageL100

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm not intending to edit any more code, and even in the next update, I'll hopefully be able to erase the footer verbiage.  Perhaps the next Pagelines Lite version could simply have an option to uncheck the default footer text.

Enjoy the weekend, and again, thanks for your help.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: footer text