Photo
Modal PopUp

Modal Pop up

Best Answer MrFent , 24 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, like I said, my section gives you more customization than the [pl_modal] shortcode does. 

Please update to the new 1.0.1 version. I added the option "Custom Modal ID." For each additional PopUp you want, you'll need to assign a custom ID to the modal. This way you can make a custom trigger for each one, and it will open the correct PopUp. Inside the section options, you'll also find some new sample code to make the manual trigger. After you enter a custom ID, refresh the page, and the sample code will be updated with the new ID, so all you have to do is copy and paste. Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi there,

It's not really like an issue on my website, it's more about a lack of explanation for a plugin.

I've downloaded Modal Pop Up and I'm trying to have many pop ups on the same page.

I've seen the part about giving pop ups different names,

Custom-Cookie-Name.png

But then, how do I call this particular pop up ?

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

i have asked the plugin dev to take a look at this for you. :)

i moved this into his support forum

#3 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 232 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

Are you wanting to manually call the popup? if so, go to my website where it explains how to make a manual trigger: http://modal-popup-d...ent.com/extras/

Or are you wanting several PopUps to show up automatically? If so, the section really wasn't designed to have several automatic PopUps appear all at once on the same page when it loads. You might be able to do it by cloning the section, although I haven't tested it. Having several PopUps appear automatically when the page loads wouldn't be ideal for visitors anyway.

The screenshot you posted of the custom cookie name is intended for if you want to have a different PopUp appear on a different page, not multiple on the same page. 

#4 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

thanks for taking some time for my question.

I'm trying to have many pop ups on, manually activated, on the same page.

thanks,

B

#5 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Is this sooo difficult that I got no answer after 4 days ?

Come on guys, I've paid for your products !

#6 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

No answer? I already told you. You can manually trigger the PopUp by following the instructions on my website. http://modal-popup-d...ent.com/extras/

It's not designed to have more than one PopUp on the same page. I can look into adding a feature that will allow you to clone the section and then manually call different popups. In the mean time, have you tried using the [pl_modal] shortcode?

#7 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

You told me that. But given the fact that that was not my question... Thanks, but ...

So now you say it's not made to have more than one PopUp on the same page. That's THE answer I was looking for.

Some shortcode ? How would I tell about the pop up I want to activate ?

Thanks

Edited by baptistea, 24 February 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#8 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

The shortcode I'm referring to is one of the core DMS shortcodes that can be found here: 

http://docs.pageline...ials/shortcodes Look for the heading "Modals"

This doesn't give you as much customization for your PopUp as my section offers, but you can add as many as you want. However I'm going over my code and I don't think it will be too difficult to implement what you are wanting to do, so give me a little time and I'll try to have an update in a little bit

#9 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Ok.

Shortcode would be fine but it does not seem to work with images instead of buttons..

#10 MrFent

MrFent

• Members

• 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:06 PM   Best Answer

Yeah, like I said, my section gives you more customization than the [pl_modal] shortcode does. 

Please update to the new 1.0.1 version. I added the option "Custom Modal ID." For each additional PopUp you want, you'll need to assign a custom ID to the modal. This way you can make a custom trigger for each one, and it will open the correct PopUp. Inside the section options, you'll also find some new sample code to make the manual trigger. After you enter a custom ID, refresh the page, and the sample code will be updated with the new ID, so all you have to do is copy and paste. Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any more questions.

#11 baptistea

baptistea

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationParis

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Awesome!

Thanks for the good work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modal PopUp