CodeGlow Code Glow Doesn't Seem To Work In My Install

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having a problem with the Code Glow plugin. The syntax styling is not working in either the Wordpress Posts/Pages of DMS Custom CSS editors. I am using Wordpress version 3.8.1 and have the latest DMS version as well. I tried refreshing the pages. Logging off and back on and neither worked. I am admin user and can enter code, its just not "code glowed".  I tried looking at the previous posts but didn't find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I deactivated all my plugins and reactivated one by one. I found the conflict! It is with WP Native Dashboard version 1.3.12. I'm not sure why I even have this plugin so I'm deactivating it for now. I included a link to the developer's website in case you are interested.

Posted · Report post

Hey Steve ssgro66,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I'm not sure what you mean by latest version of DMS.  Please always reference the exact version as the latest will always change and some users have access to the beta or may install directly from github.

The latest stable release of DMS is currently 1.1.6 and Code Glow seems to be working normally on this version.  I did however check it with the latest beta versions of DMS and there has been some code changes that will need attention there that I will bring to their attention.  It seems to be quite minor though and should definitely be taken care of before the next release.

Let me know if there is anything else!

Posted · Report post

I'm using DMS version 1.1.6 and Wordpress version 3.8.1. Sorry about that. Haven't figured out why its not working. I'm using a child theme for customizing. Should that matter? Are there any known conflicts with  other plugins?

Posted · Report post

I just realized something that may help figure this out. None of the settings I am making in the CodeGlow Settings panel are sticking. The attached screen capture was taken after I selected the Bootstrap Theme, checked line wrapping, clicked the Save Options button, left the settings panel, and then came back to it. It looks like my settings aren't being recognized.

Hope this helps.

Posted · Report post

I'm using DMS version 1.1.6 and Wordpress version 3.8.1. Sorry about that. Haven't figured out why its not working. I'm using a child theme for customizing. Should that matter? Are there any known conflicts with  other plugins?

Child themes are just fine.

I am not aware of conflicts with other plugins but there could be.  Are you able to disable other plugins temporarily to test?

Do you have WP_DEBUG enabled or have access to an error log?

Thanks for the info about the settings not sticking, I'll take another look.

Posted · Report post

ssgro66

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Bravo!

Thanks for your detective work.  I'm going to mark this solved for now.  

This is actually the first conflict that I know of for any of my products.  Good to know.

Thanks again Steve!