Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Random header and footer losses..arghh!

Question

Posted · Report post

Okay, this is really starting to p! ss me off.

I keep getting random header and footer resets. I've given up on doing anything with my footer - I'll make it the last thing I do. But now the header! 

That is, I'll be changing something somewhere else (adding a text box) now my header and fixed navbar have reset back to a default style and my logo in the media box is lost. How can these sections lose their setting all the time?????

Yes, I've turned off plugins: except custom sidebar, teammate and mail chimp for wordpress lite

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

And now, I've just created a column and moved a teammate section into the column and all styling classes have been wiped from all sections on my entire website!!!!!!!!...WTF!

Posted · Report post

And now all my frickin CSS has just vanished!!!

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question and make sure DMS debug mode is active please. Also, if you're using DMS Pro Tools, what settings do you have active ?

Posted · Report post

So now, I clone a text box and move it, it wipes out all the images and text from one ibox section above. the text box I cloned is empty. Other text boxes now reset themselves to the default "insert title here", etc. And, I can't save any templates.

How can cloning a text box delete content from another section???

Posted · Report post

Okay, anyone got any ideas about this?? Changes I'm making are not saving. I can delete all my CSS, then hit publish, then hit refresh and when it refreshes, all the CSS is still there. If I close down Chrome and restart, then I can make a couple of published changes and then it stops working again. Is this a Chrome thing? A DMS thing?

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the source code is showing that the page has been cached, http://screencast.com/t/yHtUZz1hbnEt so you are probably seeing the cached version show up. If you had the cache plugin active previously did you clear the cache file inside the plugin prior to deactivating it?

Posted · Report post

Hi James B, No I hadn't, but then again I'd never really done anything with it and it's been deactivated for ages. I've gone back in and activated it, turned cacheing off and cleared the cache - although it said there were 0 files cached. I've deleted this plugin.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, has it been any better since the cache plugin has been dectivated? Or are you still getting resets.

If you are do you have any video embeds on the page, someone else has just posted something similar and they say they only have it happening on the pages where they've embedded video, so be interesting to see if it's something we could rule out or not.

Posted · Report post

Possibly...there seems to be less ongoing resetting of sections, etc. No I don't have any video. Yes, things still reset. For example, I started recreating my header again and it wiped out 3 ibox sections and two textbox sections on another page. There must be something happening on the DMS backend that is writing over the top and resetting sections to their defaults. How else could this happen?

Also, I can't create/emend templates as per another post.