Photo

Hidden Sidebars take up 'space'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 michaelmiles

michaelmiles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

My setup is to have in Sidebar 1 two Sidebars: Primary Sidebar Universal Sidebar My templates are such that on the Blog home page, Universal Sidebar is hidden and Primary Sidebar is shown. On Pages, I have the inverse of this true. Primary Sidebar is set to be hidden Universal Sidebar is shown The issue at hand is that when you have stacked Sidebars such as this and have the top sidebar set to be hidden, there is about 10px worth of space being 'taken up' by it's position. Meaning that the Universal sidebar (in my example) should be (I thought) in the exact space that the Primary sidebar use to be in. make sense?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

Okay, I think the best workaround would be to place everything in ONE sidebar and then set it to show on ALL pages and then detail to me which widgets should be where and I can write up a little conditional CSS. Thanks, Bryan

#3 michaelmiles

michaelmiles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:01 AM

With my setup, the best way was to simply adjust the CSS for the Sidebar Universal, I removed the padding on top. This will only work if you don't use two sidebars on the same page. Works for me since I have the Primary and Universal stacked. Primary on Home Page only, then the lower Universal on all other pages.... #sidebar-wrap #sidebar_universal{ padding: 0em 1em 0 1em; }

#4 suzannecarver

suzannecarver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

why not create a new template?