Photo
Better iBoxes

change size of ibox image

Best Answer SabbakJohn , 13 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

HI there

If you want to resize your  image proportionally, maybe it is more suitable for you to use an image processing tool which supports to do that directly.That would be more convenient.

They offer a detailed tutorial for new users.So just have a try.

Yeah,You were right.I used  image processing tool and I got the image the way I wanted.This tool is very helpful to resize image the way we want and now I can optimize images the way I want in my website with good image size that was in past hard to make use  of image the way I wanted but now this tool has helped me.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 253 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've tried to change the width of the better iBox image to 355px by using this css:

.better_iboxes .better_iboxes_media .better_iboxes_icon-border.media-type-image {width: 355px;}

I also tried using this class:

.my-rectangle {background-image: width: 355px;
height: 200px;
}

no luck yet!

#2 susannammore

susannammore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

I've meet the similar problem for image size setting. The original image has a width of 640 pixels and a height of 479 pixels. And I wanna to change its size to 300 x 250. 

#3 Donna111

Donna111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

HI there

If you want to resize your  image proportionally, maybe it is more suitable for you to use an image processing tool which supports to do that directly.That would be more convenient.

Edited by Donna111, 24 February 2014 - 02:15 AM.

#4 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 253 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Thanks for responding, Donna111, but, I'm not sure I understand your response. What tool are you proposing? I do know how to change image sizes generally, I'm a long-time photoshop user. What I didn't understand was how to change the default image size and shape in better iboxes. Since I received no support with this question I used text boxes instead.

#5 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I did not get a notification from the forum when the topic was created.

By default Better iBoxes does not support custom widths on images. When I created it I went over pros and cons by doing both and by allowing custom widths we would need some really nasty CSS which would not be supported by all the major browsers and android.

• finde likes this

#6 suerama

suerama

Advocate

• Members

• 253 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

Okay, thanks. I found another solution for my page.

#7 SabbakJohn

SabbakJohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:42 AM   Best Answer

HI there

Yeah,You were right.I used  image processing tool and I got the image the way I wanted.This tool is very helpful to resize image the way we want and now I can optimize images the way I want in my website with good image size that was in past hard to make use  of image the way I wanted but now this tool has helped me.

• ahansson89 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Better iBoxes