Photo
- - - - -

REV slider is gone

Best Answer Danny , 12 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

That gap isn't really caused by your Footer, your footer is the correct width, everything else has from your settings padding on both left and right of 16 pixels, that is what is causing that gap.

If you remove that gap from the pl_content class your site will have no padding and everything will be pushed to the edges and wont look nice.

You could try adding the following to your custom CSS:

#footer.footer {
margin-left: 16px;
margin-right: 16px;
}

Please be aware that we do not provide extensive CSS support, if you're in need of CSS assistance, I recommend you either use Google Chromes inspection tool or sign up to a CSS specific forum. I have now marked this topic as resolved, as both your questions have been answered and resolved.

If you have any other questions please follow our forum policy of one question per topic and create a new topic.
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

A few days ago I updated DMS template to the latest version and I couldn't believe what I saw: REV slider is gone from the free version and therefore it has completely disappeared from my website and as well there is no possibility to add it anymore through Add sections option of CMS editor. Well, ok, I realized that obviously someone from PageLines decided to do it but I must say that I was really badly surprised as it means that using a free version is highly unpredictable: I just wonder which option or section will disappear next time when I decide to update to a new version...

Therefore, I would be really thankful if someone could help me to customize a standard, Quick Slider in order resemble at least a bit to REV slider: in which way is possible to remove the frame from the slider and as well the small radius at its corners? I suppose that with custom CSS it could be easily solved?

There is also another thing which became apparent now when REV slider is gone: as it was designed to be wider than navigation bar and central section (and Quick Slider is not), the footer for which I chose to be black is now the only section wider than any other component of the front page. So what is the way to decrease its width a bit, in order to be the same as Quick Slider for instance?

Thanks in advance.

Konstantin

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Hi there, I've checked with our core team and they've advised that the rev slider isn't available in the wp.org edition due to licensing issues as its a premium product. Were you signed up to a subscription previously and then cancelled? Or were you using a much older edition of the free theme prior to update?

The quick slider unfortunately isn't a full width section like the rev slider.

You can remove the corners and the shadow by using the following css

.fslider {
    box-shadow: none;
    border-radius:none;
}

#3 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Thanks James. No, I was never signed to a subscription but it was available within the free version. So yes, obviously I used much older version before the update. 

Hmm, I just inserted the code but nothing has changed... I already have some codes in CSS but every time when I added more it worked so I wonder where am I making a mistake.

And for the footer, is there a simple solution to meke is a bit narrower?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

HI,

Can you tell me what version of the Free version you were using before you updated please. As I have (I think) every version set up on a different local site, which I have just gone through and not one of them include the RevSlider section.

#5 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi, I installed DMS in September or October last year, the version which was available then, I really don't remember which version it was but it was the only available for installation in that time. Probably it is possible to see history of installed versions somewhere in WP options but I don't know where it is..

Actually I think that I updated it already once before and rev slider remained but I am 100% sure about that.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Well the free version has never contained the RevSlider section, since it was first introduced, you can download the previous versions from here to check - http://wordpress.org...dms/developers/

Therefore, if you haven't had a personal, business or developer subscription, then I am not sure how you ever managed to have the RevSlider. As that section is a Pro only section and has never been included in the free version available from WP.org, which you can see from the developers link I gave you above.

#7 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Well, in my case it obviously worked from some reason :) Actually, REV slider was among the reasons why I decided to upgrade to DMS as I previously used old PageLines temlate, free wersion as well. Probably this is the reason why rev slider worked, I mean bacause I was already using another pagelinesTemplate.

Anyway, could you just please check why the code that James sent dosen't work? And what is the way to equalize the width of footer and other sections?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Upgrading from a previous product wouldn't give you the RevSlider, the only way the RevSlider can be used is by having an active subscription to either Personal, Business or Developer.

In regards to the James code, trying using this, as his code was slightly incorrect.

.fslider {

box-shadow: none;
    border-radius: 0px;
}

You can't have none as a set value in the border-radius property.

#9 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Well, thanks. But it still dosen't work :( And my footer is still wider than the rest of page.

I understand what you are saying and it is perfectly logical. But from some reason or possibly mistake I somehow managed to get REV slider for free. At least for some time...

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

You still have the old code - http://cl.ly/image/0z0L0J0K441B

In regards to your footer not being full width, you're using Boxed mode, so your full footer will not be full width, as its a boxes layout, you will want to switch layout.

#11 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Yes, I see but how can I change it?

Regarding the footer I wasn't acually talking about the full width but about the gap shown here:

hwitdy.jpg

I just want the footer in the same line woth the rest of content and there is no such option in layouts (also, I loke this blask layout the most). 

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:30 PM   Best Answer

That gap isn't really caused by your Footer, your footer is the correct width, everything else has from your settings padding on both left and right of 16 pixels, that is what is causing that gap.

If you remove that gap from the pl_content class your site will have no padding and everything will be pushed to the edges and wont look nice.

You could try adding the following to your custom CSS:

#footer.footer {
margin-left: 16px;
margin-right: 16px;
}

Please be aware that we do not provide extensive CSS support, if you're in need of CSS assistance, I recommend you either use Google Chromes inspection tool or sign up to a CSS specific forum. I have now marked this topic as resolved, as both your questions have been answered and resolved.

If you have any other questions please follow our forum policy of one question per topic and create a new topic.

#13 kostan

kostan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Danny. I understand the conditions of this forum and the limitations of online support for the free version, sorry if I was asking too much from you and other moderators.

Regarding the footer, that's it, now it looks just as I wanted.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Cool and no problem, you wasn't asking too much, you just need to make sure you follow forum policy which is one question per topic. This is for easier moderation and helps the search indexing. If you have a topic called how do I change the color of my text and in that topic ask more than that question and we answer those questions its likely not going to come up via a search.

#15 DannyBeckett

DannyBeckett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLiverpool
  • Framework Version:1.1.6

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

@Danny Just so you know, the free version does include RevSlider. I just installed DMS and I have it...

Edited by DannyBeckett, 17 February 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17660 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

The free version of DMS doesn't not include the RevSlider section. Where did you download it from ?