Photo
- - - - -

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object object] has no 'datepicker'

jquery error javascript

Best Answer Simon_P , 19 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well i have no idea how your plugin is including any js, if any.

So me telling you to edit a file is not really going to help as i do not know anything about the plugin.

Your plugin author needs to enqueue the wordpress datepicker library if it is using datepicker(). Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ethendras

ethendras

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorthamptonshire, UK

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Website URL: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Framework Version:  Latest - updated Jan 2014.
WordPress Version: Version 3.8.1
Plugins in Use: Jigoshop for Pagelines 1.4.7
Server/Host: GoDaddy
Screenshots: See description below.

Details:

Hi - I apologise in advance but I've read where other users have had a similar problem to the one I'm now experiencing. It's just the answer is beyond my skills!

Apparently I've imported the jQuery library twice. However I don't know how this was done and how to reverse it!

Can someone explain please what to do in simple terms? I know how to access the WordPress files for my site using FileZilla. I've downloaded 'edit_addons.js' - I just don't know what to replace the below code with! (I'm guessing I do that as that's where the developer tools in Chrome say there's an error?).

// set the datepicker $('.edit_addons_datepicker').datepicker({

• assomibatrifs likes this

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Hi there, can you let us know a little more information on what the original issue was. You shouldn't have to import any files manually inside the framework, they're all installed when you download and activate the theme. Is this a script used by another plugins or external source? If you could post the full error message so we can see the path to the error if possible.

If its a core file which has somehow been duplicated you can download a fresh copy of the Framework and the Framework folder via FTP to replace the existing Framework folder on your server inside the themes folder in your Wordpress setup.

#3 ethendras

ethendras

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Hi James - the whole error is Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'datepicker' in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

So I guess this is to do with the plugin that we asked a developer to create for us.

This only started happening after I updated WordPress and also then the framework on this particular site. Before this the plugin worked a treat (and still does). The only issue now is that I cannot open the widgets in the dashboard of WordPress.

So is there anything that you could advise please - by viewing the code on the link above - or is it best to go back to the developer for this particular plugin?

Thanks once again for your help.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

You need to enqueue the wordpress datepicker javascript somewhere in your plugin.

#5 ethendras

ethendras

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

lol - that's it - I have no idea what that means! Sorry.

Is there a webpage that tells me step by step what to do or explains this in more details please?

We all have to learn I guess!  :thumbsu:

#6 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:03 PM   Best Answer

Well i have no idea how your plugin is including any js, if any.

So me telling you to edit a file is not really going to help as i do not know anything about the plugin.

Your plugin author needs to enqueue the wordpress datepicker library if it is using datepicker().

#7 ethendras

ethendras

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

OK will do. Thanks for your help on this. It's much appreciated.