Photo
- - - - -

All my work disappeared - how to I get it back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I clicked "publish live" and my whole page disappeared! Have anyone else experienced this problem?

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

hello @jane 

could we have a link to your site please? Also could you enable the debug in site settings > advanced. 

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Hi Jane, I'm sorry to hear you've lost the site. If you have a local backup I'd advise reinstalling that, if not I'd say check with your host to see if you can roll back to a previous edition.

Can you advise what you were doing/editing before you hit published? Was it a section/template?

#4 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

I've enabled the debug and the link can be found below.

Unfortunately I don't have a backup so I'll just have to recreate my home page. I was updating a text box on my home page (it was within a section) when I hit the refresh and everything (10 sections with media boxes, text and icons) all disappeared. I tried adding more sections to redo my work but those sections disappeared as well after refresh. I'm not recreating everything that was on the home page on another page. So far, it hasn't disappeared on me.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

We've had other uses mention a similar issue, yet none of our team have been successful in recreate the problem. I can't even suggest what may cause this, as I have never been able to see it happen myself.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to keep an eye on your site and if it happens again, try to note what you did prior to the issue and reply here with the steps, so our team can try and recreate it.

#6 jane

jane

Advocate

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

It happened again (this time lost half a page). This might not be exactly the same has my first issue but it's annoying nonetheless that I have to do over work again.

First I refreshed the page and about half of the boxes that were on this page []suddenly appeared on the home page. Even though they moved locations, all the content wasn't necessarily copied over.

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

If you could try and re-create what you just did quickly and try and record the outcome for us using something like jing - http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html we'll be able to pass this over to the developer team to see what they can suggest.