Can't change Layout Domensions

Question

Posted · Report post

I am using the free page lines template Version: 1.4.3.

I tried to change my side bar from 150px to 250px but what actually happened is that it set back to the default size of 320px and now looks horrid! The sidebar overlaps the main content.

It won't let me change the dimensions back, I can see the dimensions in the grey boxes under Layout Editor/Configure Layout Dimensions but it doesn't allow me to change the dimensions.

The website is

www.my-organized-chaos.com

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI,

When you say you want to change the dimensions, but it won't allow it, are you trying to type the value in ?

If thats the case, then you can't do that, you need to adjust the line for the sidebar, if this isn't working, then its likely you have a plugin or custom script causing a conflict. I recommend disabling all active plugins and try again.

Also, you have posted in the PageLines Framework forum, but you're actually using Platform, we no longer provide support for the Platform product. I highly recommend upgrading to DMS.

Posted · Report post

Thank you. Sorry for posting in the wrong place!
There is no slider, no idea where that went.

So, I think upgrading to DMS is the best move.

Is it as simple as installing DMS then formatting how I want it? What happens to the content already on the site? Apologies if this is a dumb question, I have never done it before!
Cheers.

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

You can install DMS as a new theme and activate, all of your existing post/page content will remain in place. However you will need to recreate the layout using the new drag and drop features provided by DMS.

A migration guide with the relevant steps to follow can be found at http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/upgrading-migration

Posted · Report post

Brilliant!

Thanks again.

Posted · Report post

You're welcome, glad you've resolved :-)