Photo

Can't change Layout Domensions

Best Answer Danny , 10 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

HI,

When you say you want to change the dimensions, but it won't allow it, are you trying to type the value in ?

If thats the case, then you can't do that, you need to adjust the line for the sidebar, if this isn't working, then its likely you have a plugin or custom script causing a conflict. I recommend disabling all active plugins and try again.

Also, you have posted in the PageLines Framework forum, but you're actually using Platform, we no longer provide support for the Platform product. I highly recommend upgrading to DMS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jojoebi

jojoebi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Framework Version:pagelines 1.4.3

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

I am using the free page lines template Version: 1.4.3.

I tried to change my side bar from 150px to 250px but what actually happened is that it set back to the default size of 320px and now looks horrid! The sidebar overlaps the main content.

It won't let me change the dimensions back, I can see the dimensions in the grey boxes under Layout Editor/Configure Layout Dimensions but it doesn't allow me to change the dimensions.

The website is

www.my-organized-chaos.com

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17965 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:15 PM   Best Answer

HI,

When you say you want to change the dimensions, but it won't allow it, are you trying to type the value in ?

If thats the case, then you can't do that, you need to adjust the line for the sidebar, if this isn't working, then its likely you have a plugin or custom script causing a conflict. I recommend disabling all active plugins and try again.

Also, you have posted in the PageLines Framework forum, but you're actually using Platform, we no longer provide support for the Platform product. I highly recommend upgrading to DMS.

#3 jojoebi

jojoebi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Thank you. Sorry for posting in the wrong place!
There is no slider, no idea where that went.

So, I think upgrading to DMS is the best move.

Is it as simple as installing DMS then formatting how I want it? What happens to the content already on the site? Apologies if this is a dumb question, I have never done it before!
Cheers.

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

Hi there,

You can install DMS as a new theme and activate, all of your existing post/page content will remain in place. However you will need to recreate the layout using the new drag and drop features provided by DMS.

A migration guide with the relevant steps to follow can be found at http://docs.pageline...ading-migration

#5 jojoebi

jojoebi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Brilliant!

Thanks again.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

You're welcome, glad you've resolved :-)