31 replies to this topic

#21 Skip

Skip

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hello

Prior to submitting this for support, I disabled all plugins - The DMS Professional Tools plugin is disabled.

We had the server gone over again by the engineers on both the Linux side and in the application side of wordpress to the website to check what the problem is. I did have them reference your support comments.  Below is what they shared.

I've enabled the debug mode as per Danny's instructions.

Please advise about a solution to the problem apart from changing themes.

Thank you.

Skip

------------------------------

Hello Skip,
We have checked your server. It seems this issue may happened due to your wordpress theme DMS. We can't find any other issues. For checking the issue. Can you please change your current theme to default. Please update your thoughts. 
-------------------------------
Regards
Sony Xavier
Sr.System Engineer

#22 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Please follow the instructions on my previous post, as I have no issues on my site and other users who have had a similar issue was related to the DMS Pro Tools section caching, which will not work on all server configurations.

Also, when I view your site, all your pages are going to the correct links.

#23 Skip

Skip

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hello Danny

I've taken screen shots of settings on the website.

The only plugin enabled is DMS Tools.  The Section Cache is unchecked (never was checked).

Debugging is enabled.

The problem remains the same.

Sure the links take you to the right url but the content is the same.  Inside wordpress the posts and pages are different.  The problem is that the same content is showing regardless of the post or page even though it does take you to the correct url - post/page name.

Please let me know what is the solution apart from using another theme or starting from scratch again...

Thank you & best of Providence.

Skip

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.50.04-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.43.58-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.45.10-PM.png

#24 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13234 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

@

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Your debug information doesn't display anything out of the ordinary, except for the fact that you're using PHP 5.2, you probably want to contact your host and ask them to upgrade you to a later version such as PHP 5.4 or 5.5.x

If you're encountering this problem with only DMS Pro Tools active and section cache disabled, then the likely source of the problem is your server. As I am unable to recreate your issue on my end with a vanilla DMS installation.

#25 Skip

Skip

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Hello Danny

Thank you for more info. regarding this matter.

Our system engineers have upgraded the PHP on the server. (Below are their comments.)

The pages/posts are still not displaying the correct content.

I have no doubt you would most likely not be able to re-create the issue on your end.  My content is not what you created using DMS so it would be next to impossible to create this type of a problem.  I can give you a screen shot of what should be the correct content for each page.  There is no duplicate content on this server.  Each page and post has different content.

The engineers who checked the server and wordpress as I posted earlier stated that all the content of the posts and pages displays just fine on other themes when they are activated.  They stated that the only time this problem occurs is with the DMS theme.

Please let me know the solution to this apart from having to use another theme.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Skip

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Skip,
We have upgraded the php version from 5.2 to 5.4 as per your request. Please verify the proof below and update us if you need further help.
============
root@server [~]# php -v
PHP 5.4.26 (cli) (built: Mar 10 2014 15:44:37) 
Copyright © 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright © 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1-ea, Copyright © 2004-2012 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.4.1, Copyright © 2002-2013, by ionCube Ltd.
root@server [~]# 
============
-------------------------------
Regards
Emin Asif A S
System Engineer

#26 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4989 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Hi Skip

Looking through the source code the postloop section isn't in the layout. If you've put content in for these pages via the page editor like -

then that content is pulled onto the page via the postloop section. Looking in the source code it looks like you have static content placed in the page editor via textboxes but the postloop isn't actually present on the page. If you go to one of those pages, add the postloop section and you should see the main page content.

#27 Skip

Skip

Advanced Member

• Members

• 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Hello James

I appreciate you looking at this but it appears to be a problem with DMS.

We even deleted all the posts permanently and tried again and went and re-posted only using the GUI of DMS and still had the problem.

Afterwards we even had engineers go into the server and check and here is what they said, 

"Hello Skip,

We have fixed the issue with your wordpress page. The issue was due to the theme used, we have changed the current theme to " Swift Basic ". We are able to create, delete, edit the posts successfully with no issues. We have created test posts and edited 

in order to check it and the results seemed to be positive. You may check it at your end as well and update us if any issues persist. Please check the attached screen shots to verify. 
Please check the links too:

Regards
Nobi Rocky
Sr.System Engineer"

If the problem only happens with DMS and it is not with any other theme when tried, then it is definitely a DMS theme problem...

Please advise on what to do apart from using another theme.

Thank you & best of Providence.

Skip

#28 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4989 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Hi Skip,

The postloop section is specific to DMS. If the postloop section isn't in the layout in DMS then the page content won't be displayed. DMS allows to create pages using the drag and drop sections, the postloop section must be dragged and dropped into the layout to pull in the post/page content entered when you create a post or page from the wp admin area. Switching to another theme will automatically show the post/page content as standard themes are structure differently to DMS.

Please see this screencast which shows how the postloop section inserts the content. If its not present in the layout, then the page content doesn't show at all, you have to insert it via the drag and drop section so it pull in the content from the post or page. None of the pages on your site where the same content is showing are displaying the postloop section in the html, so this will need to be added in to the layout.

#29 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hello,

I am having the same issue as the previous users.

I am using the latest version of Wordpress, DMS, and hosting with Flywheel.

The issue occurs when linking to the posts using the "Post Content/Loop" Drag&Drop element.

You can view the problem on this page: 

All the posts have the correct URL slug when you hover over them..

FIrst post should go to #url#/bitcoin-to-the-moon/

Second should go to #url#/confused-about-bitcoin/

When you hover over each link, it says that the <a> tag does, in fact, link to both of these URLS...

However, when clicked, and loaded, the URL will direct to #url#/2014/03/bitcoin-to-the-moon

and to #url#/2014/03/confused-about-bitcoin

This is not even the original problem! 

The original problem was that both URLs, while having different names, would load the same page. (And Yes, the pages do contain the Post Content element.. and are not built using custom drag/dropped elements... only the post content box on the front-end of the DMS...)

So the original problem was that the /bitcoin-to-the-moon page's Post Content DMS element was loading the same content from the /confused-about-bitcoin page's Post Content DMS element.

In the course of trying to fix this, I edited and shortened both URL slugs to what they are now... and also changed the Permalink structure in Wordpres several times... originally, I had the Permalinks following the standard /%postname%/ format... and in trying to fix this changed it to the /%year%/%month%/%postname%/ format, trying to diversify the URLs... making absolutely sure they were both unique addresses...

Anyway, as you can now see... Pageline automatically directs the posts to the outdated permalink structure... and YES.. I did change the structure back from the /year/month/postname to only /postname .  . . Wordpress knows this, but the DMS has not recognized the changes in permalinks... Hence why it continues to try to redirect to the year/month format..

So, as I see it, the Post Content element was somehow getting tricked into loading the wrong page (in the beggining, both the URLs where

bitblog-bitcoin-to-the-moon &

bitblog-confused-about-bitcoin 

so I think somehow that the shared "bitblog" string was tricking the Post Content box into loading duplicate content... however, even after i shorterned the urls to 

/bitcoin-to-the-moon  &

/confused-about-bitcoin

the problem still persisted... again, at this point, I changed permalink structure to the year/month format... still didnt fix it..

So I changed it back to the %postname format.. and now the DMS is lagging behind wordpress in recognizing the permalink structure.

Another reason I know that this must be a DMS issue is because the links work correctly and the Post Content loads correctly (everything works 100% A-OKAY) When I am LOGGED INTO WORDPRESS

but the second I log out I get the permalink conflict issues I have detailed above.

Thank you for your timely response

#30 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 2550 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hi You are posting in the PageLines Framework Forum - You site is running DMS. 

Also your site is running v1.1.8 of DMS and v2.0 has been released - please read the following post and make sure you are running the latest version of DMS. 

Make sure you backup befor eyou change anything - also best to do this in your dev environment first rather than on your live site. 

If you still have a problem - please create a topic in the PageLines DMS forum 

#31 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well... you know what... not even ten minutes after I posted the above.. the issue has resolved itself.

I had the experimental 'Section Caching' feature enabled (I had turned it off) . . . so I figure it must have been caching out-of-sync/out-dated anchor tag references... after I turned it off, I suppose it took 45 min/1 HR for the DMS servers to provide a new .css / HTML rendering of the page... 

#32 Wizard

Wizard

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Sorry about being in the wrong forum found this thread with google