Links all go to same post

Question

Posted · Report post

All my links are going to the same post but the URL is correct.  However, the post displayed are the same.

31 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question so we can take a closer look please.

Posted · Report post

Is there already a solution for this? I have the same problem. 

Posted · Report post

maartenvdvlugt - Can you provide a link to the site in question, so we can take a look at this ourselves.

Posted · Report post

Try disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't try another Permalink structure, should as Post name.

Posted · Report post

Danny,

Found that it was the DMS Professional Tools plug-in which was causing it. 

Could it be that a certain setting (on/off) is the reason?

Posted · Report post

What version of DMS Pro Tools are you using ?

Also, enable all other plugins and keep DMS Pro Tools disabled, does the issue persists ?

Can you also tell me your permalink structure setup so I can try and recreate it please.

Posted · Report post

Version 1.4.6

Posted · Report post

OK and did you try disabling DMS Pro tools and leave all other plugins active, do the issue persist ?

Also, I am going to need the following information.

1. What is your permalink structure setup

2. What settings in the DMS Pro Tools do you have enabled.

Posted · Report post

I disabled all plug-ins (the issue wasn't there anymore) and then reactivated them one by one - each time testing whether the issue was occurring.

When I activated DMS Pro tools it happened, other plug-ins didn't influence it. 

Concerning permalinks:

1) I still have the default settings active. I would like to change this (especially for SEO purposes) but when I do, all links and url are broken. I guess this has something to do with the htacces file which has to re-write the urls. I will need help with this later. Will be the next thing I would like to fix.

2) The following settings are enabled in the PRO tool:

• Enable CSS Classes.
  • Section Cache
  • Search
  • LazyLoad Images

Posted · Report post

OK,

I have followed your settings exactly and I have no issue with my posts being redirected to other posts. Also, if you have an issue when changing your permalink structure, this has nothing to do with PageLines nor DMS, this is either a Wordpress issue (.htaccess) or a server issue.

I am inclined to think the issue with your posts and you not being able to change permalink structure are both related to your servers configuration. I recommend you try to get your permalink structure resolved before looking at your posts issue, as they're likely related.

Ask this question on your the Wordpress forums and also contact your web host provider.

Posted · Report post

Ok, I didn't think it was a pagelines issue with the permalinks. I will get some help with the server settings. 

Thanks for you help.

Posted · Report post

No problem, once the permalink issue has been resolved, reply here if the issue with your posts remains.

Posted · Report post

I first disabled all plugins and then tried to remove the cache.  It seemed to almost be sticking.  Sometimes the posts worked and sometimes they went to other posts BUT the url was correct.  

It eventually worked and doesn't seem to be happening anymore.  I have no idea why.  I don't really care since it works now.

Posted · Report post

Glad all is working now, if you notice it comes back again and you have problems please let us know

Posted · Report post

Hello

I've followed the topic and even with disabling ALL the plugins I still have this problem with my website - http://sellingrealestatefortopdollar.com

Notice how that the same page appears with the different pages and posts?

If you need access, please let me know and I can create an account.

A fast fix apart from using another theme would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

Sincerely,

Skip

Posted · Report post

Hello James

The website is hosted on a dedicated server Centos with cPanel administering the hosting.

I had some engineers look at the server and make sure it was not an issue with the hosting.  They also logged into as an admin in wordpress to the website and found that they could not resolve the situation and found that when they changed the theme the links all worked fine but only with DMS does the problem occur.

Please let me know what you recommend or would like to do.  You are welcome to have access to the server and the wordpress admin.  It is 12:15PM EST so I will check back in a few hours.  If you need to eMail me you may reach me at skip@trueblueauctions.com  Please note that you will need to reply to the autoresponder's reply mail for your eMail to be white listed.

Thank you & best of Providence.

Skip

Posted · Report post

Skip, can you try seeing if you have Section Cache enabled on DMS Pro Tools please and if so, uncheck that option, as its not for all server configurations.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, can you first make sure all plugins are disabled and then enable DMS Debug mode please, by going to DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced. Reply here once debug is active.

Posted · Report post

Hello

Prior to submitting this for support, I disabled all plugins - The DMS Professional Tools plugin is disabled.

We had the server gone over again by the engineers on both the Linux side and in the application side of wordpress to the website to check what the problem is. I did have them reference your support comments.  Below is what they shared.

I've enabled the debug mode as per Danny's instructions.

Please advise about a solution to the problem apart from changing themes.

Thank you.

Skip

------------------------------

Hello Skip,
We have checked your server. It seems this issue may happened due to your wordpress theme DMS. We can't find any other issues. For checking the issue. Can you please change your current theme to default. Please update your thoughts. 
-------------------------------
Regards
Sony Xavier
Sr.System Engineer

Posted · Report post

Please follow the instructions on my previous post, as I have no issues on my site and other users who have had a similar issue was related to the DMS Pro Tools section caching, which will not work on all server configurations.

Also, when I view your site, all your pages are going to the correct links.

Posted · Report post

Hello Danny

I've taken screen shots of settings on the website.

The only plugin enabled is DMS Tools.  The Section Cache is unchecked (never was checked).

Debugging is enabled.

The problem remains the same.

Sure the links take you to the right url but the content is the same.  Inside wordpress the posts and pages are different.  The problem is that the same content is showing regardless of the post or page even though it does take you to the correct url - post/page name.

Please let me know what is the solution apart from using another theme or starting from scratch again...

Thank you & best of Providence.

Skip

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.50.04-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.43.58-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-03-09-at-8.45.10-PM.png

Posted · Report post

Skip

Your debug information doesn't display anything out of the ordinary, except for the fact that you're using PHP 5.2, you probably want to contact your host and ask them to upgrade you to a later version such as PHP 5.4 or 5.5.x

If you're encountering this problem with only DMS Pro Tools active and section cache disabled, then the likely source of the problem is your server. As I am unable to recreate your issue on my end with a vanilla DMS installation.

Posted · Report post

Hello Danny

Thank you for more info. regarding this matter.

Our system engineers have upgraded the PHP on the server. (Below are their comments.)

The pages/posts are still not displaying the correct content.

I have no doubt you would most likely not be able to re-create the issue on your end.  My content is not what you created using DMS so it would be next to impossible to create this type of a problem.  I can give you a screen shot of what should be the correct content for each page.  There is no duplicate content on this server.  Each page and post has different content.

The engineers who checked the server and wordpress as I posted earlier stated that all the content of the posts and pages displays just fine on other themes when they are activated.  They stated that the only time this problem occurs is with the DMS theme.

Please let me know the solution to this apart from having to use another theme.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Skip

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Skip,
We have upgraded the php version from 5.2 to 5.4 as per your request. Please verify the proof below and update us if you need further help.
============
root@server [~]# php -v
PHP 5.4.26 (cli) (built: Mar 10 2014 15:44:37) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1-ea, Copyright (c) 2004-2012 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.4.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2013, by ionCube Ltd.
root@server [~]# 
============
-------------------------------
Regards
Emin Asif A S
System Engineer

Posted · Report post

Hi Skip

Looking through the source code the postloop section isn't in the layout. If you've put content in for these pages via the page editor like - http://screencast.com/t/r3J1vfjY then that content is pulled onto the page via the postloop section. Looking in the source code it looks like you have static content placed in the page editor via textboxes but the postloop isn't actually present on the page. If you go to one of those pages, add the postloop section and you should see the main page content.