Photo

Google Structured Data - Missing required fields

google; structured; data; missing; required; fields; author; updated; rich; snippets;

Best Answer Danny , 09 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

HI Franz.

Its likely that Google made some changes, as I remember this working (I think) for PageLines Framework previously. Unfortunately, PageLines Framework is no longer receiving minor fixes, as our focus is solely on DMS. If there is a major issue like compatibility with Wordpress, our developers will release a fix.

All I can recommend in regards to this is to upgrade to DMS.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 franzxk

franzxk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:43 AM

Google Webmaster Tools shows me structured data errors for my WordPress Blog (using Pagelines 2.4.4) for all my fixed pages.

Also, when explicitly checking the pages with the Google Structured Data Testing Tool (e.g. http://www.google.co...n.de/impressum/) I encounter the following reported problems there for each of the fixed pages:

Error: Missing required field "updated".
Error: Missing required hCard "author".

All fixes for this that I've found through research are based on using standard WordPress themes, such as Twenty Thirteen. However, when using Pagelines, the whole system is different, and I also don't want to change PHP code within the pagelines theme files (which would get overwritten anyway with the next update).

So, how can this be fixed for the Pagelines theme?

Thanks for any helpful response in advance.

Best regards,
Franz

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17139 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:21 PM   Best Answer

HI Franz.

Its likely that Google made some changes, as I remember this working (I think) for PageLines Framework previously. Unfortunately, PageLines Framework is no longer receiving minor fixes, as our focus is solely on DMS. If there is a major issue like compatibility with Wordpress, our developers will release a fix.

All I can recommend in regards to this is to upgrade to DMS.

#3 tachora

tachora

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Framework Version:Business Edition

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

Hi Franz,

I found a solution for this...I installed a plugin called "All in One SEO", probably any other good SEO plugin would work.  In the general settings for that plugin I made sure that the meta description for my home page included the text "By (author name"). Also I linked my google+ profile page (also within the general settings for my SEO plugin).

After that go to your Dashboard --> Pagelines --> Site Options --> Blog and Posts --> in the field for the Posts Meta Bar add the short-codes: [post_author] on [post_date].

That fixed all the errors for me. Hope this helps!

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

thank you for the update @tachora