Templates not propagating, vanishing items and css not updating

Question

Posted · Report post

Can someone confirm these have or have not been fixed in the current release

Thanks

17 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

paul_t - Ok, I understand what you're referring to, yeah this is annoying bug to say the least and I can inform you that this has been addressed in 1.2. In 1.2 there have been a number of changes and improvements from what I have been told to the templating system.

We apologise for any annoyance, frustration or inconvenience this issus may have caused. There isn't currently an ETA for 1.2, but it shouldn't be far off now.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same issue...  it doesn't see my images in the wp upload dir and I it defaults to nothing but blank spots.

I need help ASAP!!

Thanks

AYSAppliance

Posted · Report post

This is likely due to the minor, but annoying issue with saving errors that some users encounter. This has been addressed in 1.1 or 1.2 patch.

A band aid is available, until these patches are released.

Configure your options, settings or CSS, then click on a different option field for settings, for Custom CSS, click outside of the code area and this should trigger a saving progression icon next to the Publish button. When that complete/disappears click publish and your settings/options and custom CSS will be saved.

In regards to the Templates, are you referring to the functionality of setting the template via the Page editor in the Wordpress backend ? If so, that is going to be addressed in an upcoming patch too.

Posted · Report post

micstepl - your issue will be investigated based on your server and site setup. 

Posted · Report post

This is likely due to the minor, but annoying issue with saving errors that some users encounter. This has been addressed in 1.1 or 1.2 patch.

A band aid is available, until these patches are released.

Configure your options, settings or CSS, then click on a different option field for settings, for Custom CSS, click outside of the code area and this should trigger a saving progression icon next to the Publish button. When that complete/disappears click publish and your settings/options and custom CSS will be saved.

In regards to the Templates, are you referring to the functionality of setting the template via the Page editor in the Wordpress backend ? If so, that is going to be addressed in an upcoming patch too.

Templates

Saving the edited template in the DMS editor doesn't propagate to other templates

Saving template selections in the WP Page editor doesn't work

Templates are vital. If nether of the above are working then that cripples the workflow.

Posted · Report post

Are you updating the template by going into template from the DMS control panel > your template > update template with current configuration? The template doesn't save automatically if you publish the page, the actual template you've saved needs to be over written with the new layout by using the update configuration option.

Posted · Report post

DMS Editor > Your Templates >Action  Update Template with current configuration

warning - pages using this template will be updated OK - no they are not, these templates are not propagating.

If you have a site with 50 pages using the same template and you amend it - all those a pages should follow the template change

If they don't (which seems to be the case with DMS) you can't call  them templates. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for confirmation. For me DMS isn't currently viable for use.

Posted · Report post

paul_t - 1.2 is now in beta, if you would like access to it, contact our helpdesk and they will add you to the beta list. I'm positive you will like 1.2.

Posted · Report post

Appreciate the gesture. I'm sure the next major update will be a positive step forward for DMS.

Don't take this the wrong way - I'll happily beta test a product, but not one I'm being charged for (have been beta testing products for 15+ years)

I've already contacted PL customer service regarding that and various issues and trust they'll not keep me hanging on much longer. 

Trying not to rant here too much and be positive, DMS will be a great product when the significant glitches are ironed out.

Posted · Report post

paul_t have you had a satisfactory reply from the Desk?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for asking.

Just received a reply - still in discussion.

Posted · Report post

Danny you reference the changes in 1.2 above, and in particular that there are improvements to the templating system. I am starting to get concerned that the upgrade is so big that current information/work/coding is going to be lost. Can you address the concern for me to the best of your knowledge?

It's scary working on a site for 3 months and being an early adopter of a new theme :phew:

Posted · Report post

I have the same fear :(

Danny ... can PL secure a content/design migration form Old > to New? 

I believe the community expects this - at least I do so

Posted · Report post

DMS Templates should propagate when saved (as per the message displayed when resaving the template), they currently don't, and you have to go through all your site pages updating each one manually. Fixing this known issue can only be a positive move and I can't see any negative issue with fixing that?

Posted · Report post

paul_t of course in the end all upgrades/updates are positive. I believe what we are asking if the update will be as seamless as possible and that the DMS team work hard to prevent upgrade nightmares that can come about from such big changes. I was also an early adopter of Pagelines (Framework) and the first handful of upgrades were a little scary so I am just using my foresight about it.