Recommend me a great Gallery DMS section or Plugin

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I'm beginning a new website project and one of the highest priorities is a great looking gallery which can be updated easily. For example we'll have separate galleries for various jobs something like the following:

Gallery 1 (5 images)

Gallery 2 (6 Images)

Gallery 3 (7 images)

I was wondering what sections or plugins people would recommend me to take a look at which work flawlessly with DMS and therefore is responsive if possible?

Thanks, James

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Personally i've used the gallery from the free pretty photo theme, that works well. There's a few other sections in there which are image related which could also help - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/themes/pretty-photo/

Posted · Report post

Thanks James,

But does this means I need to use the theme Pretty Photo in-order to use its gallery section? Also, I just tried to install the theme Pretty Photo but for some reason it wouldn't install though the Wordpress Theme install?

Thanks, J

Posted · Report post

No you can use the section in DMS or your child theme. Simply download the Pretty Photo theme and then copy the Gallery section folder to your child themes section folder. Then click the Reload Sections in the DMS Toolbar.

Posted · Report post

Ok, that explains it. Thanks Danny. I'll give that a try!

Posted · Report post

No problem.

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

Just one other question please. I have loaded in all of the sections from the Pretty Photo theme folder into my child theme folder (nicks-base-theme-master) and they have appeared successfully. However, after having played with the sections they do not seem very intuitive and it's almost like there not working properly. For example the gallery section doesn't stretch across the full width of the column (page) and the shelf section seems to stack the left, middle, right images down the far left side of my page. Do these sections work well with the DMS theme or are they designed to work better within the Pretty Photo theme and therefore they require a fair amount of tweaking?

Thanks for the advice,

Cheers, J

Posted · Report post

If the sections are designed purely for the child theme then they will probably have css in the child theme to style them. I've not used them outside of the theme to be honest. I would say if you're looking to use those sections and restyle the theme use the customize plugin with the child theme in place to make your changes.

Or copy the css relating to those sections from the style.less of the pretty photo theme and then paste it into your own base theme if you prefer to stick with the blank child theme.