Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS Template clone?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hy,

is it possible to make a clone of the hole DMS theme?

If i call the clone "dms two" i can change the template over the WP backend like Twenty Fouteen --> Viewer --> Twenty Twelve --> dms two..... and so on....?

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Andreas

I'm not really sure you what you mean by switching the theme over in the wp backend. By default the DMS theme shows in the theme tab, so you'll be able to change the theme to another child theme or standard wp theme with a problem and switch back etc.

Unfortunately renaming the dms theme will cause it not work correctly, so you wouldn't be able to have two installs of DMS inside the themes folder. You can use child themes in place of this, like the blank base theme. This will allow you to have two differently styled child themes for dms that you can switch between leaving the original theme styled as the default.

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately renaming the dms theme will cause it not work correctly, so you wouldn't be able to have two installs of DMS inside the themes folder. You can use child themes in place of this, like the blank base theme. This will allow you to have two differently styled child themes for dms that you can switch between leaving the original theme styled as the default.

Yes this is what i mean ;-)

THANKS for your fast reply!