How do i remove "Custom Scripts"

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, 

I'm using pagelines 1.1.5 at the moment,

How can i remove the "Custom Scripts" menu item or feature.

I don't want to allow users to add their own custom javascript or HTML for security reasons.

I've tried editing the panel.code.php file and also used the "PageLines DMS Toolbar Customizer" which didn't work.

Pagelines doesn't load when unsetting the custom design menu item with this plugin either.

How can i do this whilst still having custom css/less.

Thanks guys

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Casey

Did you use the latest version of that plugin, there is an older one still available on the website as well. This is the newer one - http://www.pagelinestheme.com/remove-dms-editor-toolbar-items-2/

If you want them to still have access to the DMS control panel, just not the css/less tab, then looking at the code on the plugin site you can use a hook. http://www.pagelinestheme.com/remove-dms-editor-toolbar-items-2/

add_filter('pl_toolbar_config','pagelines_dms_toolbar_customizer',11, 2);
function pagelines_dms_toolbar_customizer( $toolbar ){
if(
        !current_user_can('manage_options') // the uncommented items below only get removed for non-Administrators who also have access to the PageLines DMS Editor
        //&& get_current_user_id() !== '1' // could also choose to limit to certain Administrators via user ID
    ){

unset( $toolbar['pl-design']['panel']['user_less']);

}

return $toolbar;
}

Posted · Report post

I did try that but couldn't manage to get it working,

My users are all Administrators, i think that plugin only 'works' when a non-admin tries to access the dms editor? 

How could i make it work for all user privileges including Administrator? 

Thanks for all your help mate :)

Really appreciate it!

Posted · Report post

Update:

So i managed to get it working by removing 

if(
		!current_user_can('manage_options') // the uncommented items below only get removed for non-Administrators who also have access to the PageLines DMS Editor
		//&& get_current_user_id() !== '1' // could also choose to limit to certain Administrators via user ID
	){

When unsetting the Custom scripts tab/menu, pagelines never loads, it just stalls on the loading screen.

Posted · Report post

Can you paste the code you have which causes DMS to never load please.

Posted · Report post

unset($toolbar['pl-design']);		//Custom Code
			unset( $toolbar['pl-design']['panel']['user_less']);		// Custom -- Custom LESS/CSS
			unset( $toolbar['pl-design']['panel']['user_scripts']);		// Custom -- Custom Scripts

That's the lines there that cause Pagelines to not load.

Everything else can be unset with no problems. Just this menu item. Which is fine if it weren't such a security risk with JS n html