Photo

Adding links to box titles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 frrckfrr

frrckfrr

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Hey, is there any easy way to add links to titles of the boxes? I mean a way of adding a simple setting do the Admin UI? I know there is a way of manually adding link into the title by using "a href" html tags, however I need to include something easier so even dumb editors from our company can add links without messing it all :-) Thanks a lot Juraj

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Do you know how to create shortcodes? This may be an elegant solution for your users.

#3 peopleu2

peopleu2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

I'd like this too.

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

It sounds silly, but it might be as easy as giving them a reference text file with: `

TITLE/HEADER-HERE

` with an instruction or two. If everyone is comfortable with shortcodes, Adam my have a more juicy solution for you. But, remember you'll still need to explain the shortcode to others anyways. Thanks, Bryan

#5 frrckfrr

frrckfrr

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

I've read some howtos related to your suggestion however I miss the point.

My users would enter `Example Title` instead of `Example Title`. What is the difference?

Or maybe you can provide an example to explain better?

Thanks

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

Perhaps you are right. Shortcodes can really clear things up that are a bit complicated, but in this case it's equally as hard to understand. Did you search the wordpress forums on adding a custom field for this as you stated earlier as a possibility. What was the resource you used?

#7 frrckfrr

frrckfrr

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

I like the best your suggestion to use custom fields for adding a link to box titles. However, I've found out that it's not that easy to use Custom Fields in Custom Post Types... http://codex.wordpre...g_Custom_Fields Any ideas how to proceed?