Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Facebook page, roadmap, blog updates - what gives?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yasharozov

yasharozov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hello PL people,
I have been a paying customer of DMS pro for the last few months as well as having purchased the previous PL framework 2 years ago.
I have had my fair share of problems with DMS which is perhaps understandable as it is a maturing product - although the whole templating system really needs reworking and has cost me so much time (money).

I am a little surprised by how meager the updates as to the future of the product is to the community at large.
The latest blog post is from DEC.4 - 2 months ago! 
The facebook page was updated 1.5 months ago! (and you have 12,000 likes...)
There is no roadmap to speak of since the original one was posted on the blog with no dates etc?

I think that as a paying customer and one now reliant on the platform with no choice but to move forward with it
me and all customers  should be regularly notified as to what is happening with the product and it's planned future.
If you want to retain a customer base I am assuming you want to tell them what is in store for them and why they should keep paying a monthly fee? 

I would apprecciate a detailed response. Thanks.

• rijans likes this

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

HI,

All this information is available via GitHub, you can if you're brave download the latest patch which is 1.2, although I wouldn't recommend it. The 1.2 patch is a massive overhaul especially with the templating system. The 1.2 branch contains over 400 commits (changes) to the current version.

I can't go into specifics, as things are changing, being improved all the time. However, DMS 1.2 will be awesome. I understand your concern regarding updates, via our Blog, Facebook and twitter, i'll inform our administrators about this.

We don't ever really provide a roadmap, as like I mentioned above, things change etc... nor do we ever provide an ETA on upcoming releases. 

#3 yasharozov

yasharozov

Advanced Member

• Members

• 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Danny,
I apprecciate your answer and good to inform the admins as to regular updates to the community. It's worth noting that probably most of your customers are probably from the design field (Design management system it is :-), and not familiar with github, so a short status report would be nice every so often for the coding lay person like me and others. Thx again.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

If you're not familiar with GitHub, I would highly advise, signing up to the service, its free unless you want private repositories. Even if you do not want to house your code their, signing up is still recommended, as you can see what our developers are doing, what they have changed/added and also contribute to the code itself and/or provide feedback, bug reports to our GitHub tracker.

#5 barkingsheltie

barkingsheltie

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • LocationThousand Tokes
  • Framework Version:DMS 0.9.6

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

We don't ever really provide a roadmap, as like I mentioned above, things change etc... nor do we ever provide an ETA on upcoming releases. 

Thanks Danny!

Understand about detailed posts, etc. It would be nice, from both customer service, & perhaps marketing?, to update the blog on a more timely schedule. Even if there is no major info to release. Could be something as simple as highlighting some solutions that merit attention due to design, etc. 

Hey, is the Egg still around?   :sword:

• mrmiyamoto and rijans like this