Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yoast Breadcrumbs - How to Remove Links

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I am using the Yoast Breadcrumbs section and it is working great! Easy to use and install and I am so happy with it!

However, the client would like to remove all the links from the breadcrumbs so that it only serves as a visual navigation, not as a way to actualy click through pages of the site.

In other NAV breadcrumb plugins there are ways to still make the breadcrums appear but not be links. Do you have any idea of how this could be accomplished here?

Just to be clear, we are doing this because  some of the parent pages are empty and only exist to show the familial relationship and are currently in the breadcrumbs as dead links that go to "#". This is not going to work becuase even though they are in effect not links that go anywhere they still APPEAR to be links. The client wants it to appear as just text, not as somethign clickable or hyperlinked.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for  your help!

- Anna

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, you'd really need to ask Yoast on this one, they might have a way to do it or a hook/filter they could provide.

I would think otherwise if the breadcrumbs have their own class you could try the below, but I'm not 100% sure that would work.

.whatever-the-class-is {
pointer-events: none;
cursor: default;
}