Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blog summary

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, my blog is viewing strangely. The 3rd blog summary is a lot longer than the rest. How would I fix this? Thanks Also, when I try to publish (save) it does not save everytime. http://buff.ly/MFC6YK

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

On the third post have you set a custom excerpt in the post? If so this will be displayed on the blog page instead of the automated excerpt which is being used on the other posts. Custom excerpts are added inside the edit post page as a field under the main post content.

Posted · Report post

For some weird reason I am not seeing an option for custom fields under my post content. I am only seeing options below the post for SEO All in One and WP customers review - both plugins. Is there any way to delete the custom excerpt if the option is not showing up there. I believe my DMS is not working properly and could possibly have a conflict as it is not saving correctly and also enlarging background images more than it should.

Posted · Report post

In the edit post screen, click on the screen options tab in the top right. In there you'll see a checkbox to view the custom excerpts field - http://screencast.com/t/xgX7eYI6nb

When making changes in DMS, make sure you see the spinning saving icon in the top right of the dms control panel. Once this has completed spinning then click on the option to publish the changes. The blue light icon in the dms control panel will change to green to show the changes have taken affect.

If the background image is appearing larger or stretched in the site, then check to see if you have 'fit to page' enabled in the color and background tab in the dms control panel. This will stretch the images to fit regardless of their original size.

Posted · Report post

Thank you! For the blog summary I checked and the excerpts on the screen view as you requested was not selected.

Also for the background images I tried fit to page and unselected fit to page. Did not seem to make a difference. It was working the first half of the job and then all of a sudden it started hugely enlarging the back ground pic and will does that every time now. I am going to take your advise and see if it is a plugin problem. I will have to wait until the evening as the site is live.

Posted · Report post

Ok, keep us posted. If you could include a screencast so we can see live the edits you're making and how the admin panel is being affected that would be great. You can use something like jing - http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Posted · Report post

Thank you I will be searching the that miserable plugin this weekend!