• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ketri

ketri

• Members

• 175 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

Hello.

Would it be possible to add the possibility to add the Title needed for the spyscroll to work in the FullWidth-section area? I'm pretty new to DMS (love it btw) but it seems that this would be the best section for that option. Of course the option should not be for any element, but for FullWidth Section and maybe a Column.

The way I see it the Spyscroll is not so useful at the moment, but is so damn close to being perfect, with  the ability to add classes to sections easily and the awesome bootstrap spyscroll-nav drag & droppable...

Is this maybe coming? Or is this something that will surely never come in which case I'll create a new version of the FullWidth Section area with the Title-option?

Thanks!

Edited by ketri, 31 January 2014 - 07:06 AM.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hi there, you can do this with a third party section one of the developers has created in the store called Scroll Nav - http://www.pagelines...scroll-nav-dms/

This allows you to add a class to the full width section area inside the styling class field which will then make it a target automatically for the scroll nav.

#3 ketri

ketri

• Members

• 175 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Thank you James B!

To be perfectly honest, that plugin looks/works like it's been made by a drunk 5-year old.
The site that tells about its features is just a mess. Broken links, weird full-size empty spaces.

The demo does not work at all with Chrome, Safari or Firefox and I simply trust to pay for something where the plugin author has not even bothered to test the demo page. 

0gggn4a.jpg

I made a version of the fullwidth section area with the ability to add a Title for the spyscroll. 
So no plans on adding that by DMS?

If I'm missing something here then I apologize...

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Hi there, that's strange, I'll report to the store team and get them to look into.

I see - http://screencast.com/t/GkS0giPuL6J

There's no plans at current to add this functionality to the standard scroll spy section that we've been made aware of. That section is part of the modified bootstrap sections which are made part of the core. If that changes at anytime it will be announced in the change log but we've not been informed of any changes as of yet unfortunately.

#5 asialove

asialove

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

I saw some post with big full width (12cols) headlines,  8 cols content and 4 cos sidebar

I have a way to add a title anywhere in section area, 

You create your own title section, 

<?php
/*
	Section: Fullwidthtitle
	Author: PageLines
	Author URI: http://www.pagelines.com
	Description: Adds Fullwidthtitle to main on pages/single posts
	Class Name: PageLinesFullwidthtitle
	Workswith: main-single, main
	Failswith: pagelines_special_pages()
	Filter: social
	Isolate: single
*/

/**
 * Fullwidthtitle Section
 * @package PageLines DMS
 * @author PageLines
 */
class PageLinesFullwidthtitle extends PageLinesSection {

/**
	* Section template.
	*/
   function section_template() { ?>

<h1 class="entry-title pagetitle"><?php echo get_the_title(); ?> </h1>

<?php		
	}
} ?>

Edited by asialove, 20 February 2014 - 01:13 PM.