Lost footer

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

This is the second time in 20 hrs that I loose all the settings inside one of the two sections I have in the footer.

DMS sections stay in place but everything inside (pics, setting, etc) is gone!!

I have two full width sections in the footer.

The bottom one is OK but the top one goes off when - seemingly - I include new full width sections inside the template area..

any idea ??

http://seeduni.com/?page_id=9244

Thanks

34 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi james,

I have tried the shortcode but it is not working very well in a media box. it shows the video but only half of it.

I have tried inserting [pl_raw] but then all the content of the mediabox disappears.

And there is still the same javascript error

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://seeduni.com/?page_id=8967 from frame with URL http://www.youtube.com/embed/gNrOUUnF06Y. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

www-embed-player-vflmBH0fU.js:108

Yes, I would love to hear if it is a problem as it appears on every page where I embed videos and it seems to cause problems.

Posted · Report post

Try adding into a textbox instead of the media box for the shortcode, unfortunately pl-raw doesn't work inside of sections outside of the postloop.

From what I've read on the error message so far it's quiet common and something related to accessing data accross domains. I don't think it will be related to the problems you're having with the sections disappearing but it could be something else that needs to be fixed so will chase that up as well.

Posted · Report post

Hi james,

Thanks. Yes, I noticed shortcodes were only working well in post loop. pity.

But I was also told not to use them in textboxes.

I suspect the problem may be related to cloning. 

I also have saving issues in media boxes (that has been on going on on and off, mainly old contents not deleting when I change them)

For now, I have redone the page with clean sections and no cloning! Longer but hopefully safer ...

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

I have the same problem:

Installation

• I have a footer with 4 columns
  • 1 MediaBox, 2 Text Boxes, 1 TexBox+Widget

Anything has been working fine until the last 2 weeks. 

Today thais happened 4 times :(

Error

• I was not touching the footer at all !!!
  • wihtin a page (content area) I was cloaning a section
  • suddenly all "content" disappeared in the footer (except 1)
  • see screenshot
  • Footer.png

What I did

• disable all plugins, etc > no change !

My feeling is, that DMS is geeting more instabile, day by day, release by release

Posted · Report post

Hi Frederic,

This is the same thing that happens to me. The footer constantly gets reset, and I think the trigger is moving sections. If I add a column section in particular, it will wipe out all the footer settings. I have a theory that some pages are corrupted. I've had a page that would constantly wipe sections, footer, header. So I deleted the page and rebuilt it from scratch and now that page doesn't wipe things out.

Posted · Report post

The above can be true actually, that's a very good point. Sometimes manual html added inside a section if not closed correctly can put the entire code on the page out of sync and cause layout problems or saving issues.

Posted · Report post

Yes, I also thought about corrupted pages and unclosed html - and checked the page 5-6 times to find nothing (which is no proof there was not something missing or wrong hiding somewhere!)

And yes also, so far redoing the page has solved the problem, including templates not saving.

For the footer, I don't know - I will redo it only at the end when the site is over ...

But there also seems to be an issue with cloning and saving.

THanks for sharing!

:-)

Posted · Report post

I find strange, that the footer/header seem not to be saved in a template at all. They seem to float somewhere behind of all saved tamplates - Although they are nearly the most vital part of a sites blueprint.

Posted · Report post

This is the same problem that I've reported in another thread.

Cloning sections always seems to trigger it. But also this: I just changed a bit of CSS: .ibox.top-aligned .ibox-media .media-type-image {border-style:solid; border-width:2px; border-color:#555555;} and it wiped header and footer. I've repeated the process 5 times (thank god I have backups working now given how buggy DMS is) and every time the footer and header gets reset. 

Could it be something to do with iboxes?