Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Using a non DMS template for a WP page

Question

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to create a page using a non Pagelines-DMS template?  Previously, I was able to create a template in my child theme directory and select it in the page editor.  Now, only DMS templates show up in the drop down (I know it is broken according to other forum posts).  The reason for this is I want to create a custom landing page and we already have the layout and integration from previous development.  

For example, www.paylinedata.com/app was created before moving to DMS, and as long as the template files exist in the child theme, this page will continue to use the app template.  But any new pages do not have that option!  The template cannot be reused for similar pages.

1 answer to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, in DMS you can create new templates by saving the template you've designed via the DMS control panel, you don't have to use only the templates displayed inside the existing template panel, you can add to them - http://screencast.com/t/bajIxSSqfFr

Custom templates from the Framework won't work inside DMS unfortunately, the entire setup and structure has changed between the two versions for this to be able to be displayed within the drag and drop editor.