tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hi Guys

I have an issue with quick slider (Pagelines Version 2.x) which I have seen a couple of other similar posts talking about, the only difference is it only effects IE8 for me. The sites did work fine in IE8 with sliders performing as expected.

Now the sliders do not load at all in IE8, if I refresh the page they do then load. I have tried disabling all non Pagelines plugins but this makes no difference. Also the site loads fine using IE11 using developer tools for IE8 but not on an actual XP machine using IE8.

The sites were fine (there are 2 of them) but now I have this issue. I can only assume a Wordpress update has caused this.

I know that people will say well the browser/OS are old/unsupported etc but they did work and the sites are for a government agency were there is a large amount of users still using XP and IE8 so I have no choice but to somehow fix the issue.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Gary

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hi Gary

In the xp install viewing the site on IE8 is browser compatibility mode on? This has been know to cause issues as it uses the previous version of the IE script, so it would be attempting to view pre IE8 rather than IE8.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 tinpeas

tinpeas

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Hi James

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check this out tomorrow although I am unsure whether this would be the issue as this XP machine is used purely for testing and rarely gets switched on so no settings are messed with. Frankly I would (as its on a second story) give it a flying lesson if I didn't need it for this kind of stuff.

I'll get back to you about it tomorrow buddy.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Gary

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ie8, quickslider