Custom Banner In PL Framework 2

Question

Posted · Report post

I've got an image that I've created an image map for in html that I'd like to use as my custom logo/banner, replacing the current custom logo.

Since the site is live, I don't want to experiment much. So, can you please tell me if the following will work:

1) Delete my custom logo (in Website Setup)

2) Place the below code in Custom Code/Headerscripts Code area

Here's the site if you'd like to take a look:

http://seasonshospice.org/

Here's the HTML that I want to use to make the new custom logo / banner:

http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/15-4f986r/

Thanks,

Bruce

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, unfortunately you can't use the contentbox more than once in a global section. So the only way around that would be to use something like a universal sidebar in place of the content box, add a text widget into that, and then place the html inside the text widget which will result in the same effect as if using the contentbox.

Posted · Report post

Hi there, the easiest way to do this would be to remove the branding area from the header in the drag and drop page, then replace with a contentbox. You can place html/shortcodes directly into a contentbox and save, this will then render the code in place of the branding section to display in the header.

Posted · Report post

Ok, I understand, but have a problem in setting it up I'm hoping you can help with:

I've already got a content box that is set up as a site default, since it goes in the footer of every page. 

I know how to clone a content box and put a new content box in the header, but I don't know how to then get "access" to the header content box to put my code in other than thru the site defaults (which already is in use) . Can you please tell me how to "access" the content box I want to use for the header?

Thanks,

Bruce

Posted · Report post

Thanks James! That did the trick. Never would have thought of using Universal Sidebar on my own!

I greatly appreciate your help!

Best,

Bruce

Posted · Report post

You're welcome, glad that worked for you. Thank you for updating the thread.