#1 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Framework Version:pagelines pro

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have set the features box on the index page to pick up new posts rather than use a features set.  Can we use a page with an embeded video in this way?

I have also replaced via FTP the standard pagelines images that show up if no feature image is set.

I have uploaded a video via vimeo and set the following:

Feature HTML (video embeds etc, In Media Area)

[pl_video type="vimeo" id="85454265"] 

It does not show up if you go to the second to last button on the feature slider - only our "default" image shows

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi there,

I've moved your post as the site is using the PageLines Framework, not DMS so have moved into the Framework forum so the moderators can track.

I see your video displaying in the slider -

Have you tried clearing the browser cache or checking in another browser, which browser are you using currently? I've viewed in firefox, safari and chrome and it's showing so far.

#3 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:52 PM

Sorry James, I was just in the middle of coming back to you to say all set with the videos showing (I had to use the old code rather than the short code).

The only issue that I now have is that because the feature autoplays, it moves on before the video finishes.  You can force it to pause using the feature pause button, but is there any way of auto-pausing whilst a video plays and then restarting when the video is finished?

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hi there, I've looked at the site in chrome, safari and firefox this morning and the video isn't autoplaying as the slider rolls through. Have you managed to resolve this since the last post? If not let us know which browser and then embed code you're using and we'll try and replicate.

#5 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi James, sorry I didn't explain that correctly.  No, I coded the videos so they didn't auto play.  However, if you do click on them to play, the next feature slider fades in over the top of it.  The only way to stop that happening is to click the "pause auto play" on the feature slider (rather than on the video), but that is not intuitive and I don't want to put an instruction in.

I've extended the play/feature and fade duration a little, but that assumes that every video clip is that short and I don't want to extend it too much for when the feature is a photograph rather than a video.

You can see what I mean by going to the third slide and clicking play on the vimeo play button, or the second to last which is a more obvious example.  Then do the same thing but click the feature slider pause button first.

So I guess what I am looking for is something in the features player that recognises that a video is playing, auto pauses and then auto plays again once the video has stopped.

Any suggestions?  

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ah I see, unfortunately the slider is on a code which will just cycle through regardless, its won't watch for the video unfortunately as its just an embed code placed inside. I would imagine that's how the play/pause button on the slide got added as users reported that happening.

You could try uploading an image of the video screen, so people realize its a video, they see the play button etc, then embed a link to the video in that image or use a plugin which brings the video link up in popup/lightbox effect on top of the page instead of playing it in the slider.

#7 pondhopper

pondhopper

Advanced Member

• Members

• 38 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

Hmmm, that's a thought.  Any preference on popups/lightbox plugins that are known not to have compatibility issues?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

If my memory serves me correctly, I tried the FancyBox plugin without any issues, but this was a long time ago.