Photo
- - - - -

Carousel: Image Order

Best Answer James B , 30 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hi there,

Carousel did have issues with the last update of Nextgen as it was a major update to previous versions. Have you updated recently? Might be best to roll back if you have.

Changing the order inside Nextgen should work, but you currently have a cache plugin active on your site, so you won't be seeing the live version, but a previously saved version when you check it. Go into the plugin options for the cache plugin, clear the cache and disable. Make the changes, then save. Check the site and when its working as you intended re-activate the cache plugin.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hello, 

Is there any way to rearrange the image order for the Carousel?  I'm using it to pull images from NextGen galleries.  I've tried reordering the images within NextGen but the changes don't reflect in the Carousel.

Many thanks for any help and guidance :)

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:38 PM   Best Answer

Hi there,

Carousel did have issues with the last update of Nextgen as it was a major update to previous versions. Have you updated recently? Might be best to roll back if you have.

Changing the order inside Nextgen should work, but you currently have a cache plugin active on your site, so you won't be seeing the live version, but a previously saved version when you check it. Go into the plugin options for the cache plugin, clear the cache and disable. Make the changes, then save. Check the site and when its working as you intended re-activate the cache plugin.

• bluesquirrel likes this

#3 bluesquirrel

bluesquirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

I like you James. I like you a lot. Possibly too much. Thanks for your help!

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

haha, Thank you :-)

You're welcome, glad you got sorted. Let us know if you need anymore help.

• bluesquirrel likes this